Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Immortality... exsits?

Default Immortality... exsits?

No, this doesn't seem to be a joke at all.. some species on this planet can live forever.. as long as it wasn't for predators, and say a meteorite slamming into you, or a human boiling you alive.

Turritopsis nutricula - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Biological immortality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Holy shit. First of all, this was an awesome thing to learn. Second of all, learning it via Penn was fucking awesome as well.

Wow.

As far as long-living mammals goes, I did learn an interesting thing this summer. There was apparently a blue whale that died (naturally) and washed up on a beach in the Arctic within the past couple of years. They autopsied it and actually found a harpoon point estimated to be around 200 years old embedded in the whale's body.

Yeah, I've heard that Sea Turtles live to be like 500 years old or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by closet dl View Post
    As far as long-living mammals goes, I did learn an interesting thing this summer. There was apparently a blue whale that died (naturally) and washed up on a beach in the Arctic within the past couple of years. They autopsied it and actually found a harpoon point estimated to be around 200 years old embedded in the whale's body.
    Wow, that thing lived for 200 years with a harpoon in it? I can't imagine walking around with a splinter for more than 20 minutes.

Some people think humans will one day be immortal or near-immortal. It probably won't happen for us though, if it does ever happen. Part of me is glad for that and part of me is disappointed. =\

TheGREENshadow

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    Some people think humans will one day be immortal or near-immortal. It probably won't happen for us though, if it does ever happen. Part of me is glad for that and part of me is disappointed. =\
    The only way we will be immortal is if we evolve and evolution is a theory so we have a 50/50 chance

GaashaHuzzah

I know what I want my fursona to be.

I don't think a jellyfish would be classified as furry...More squishy...:P

Quote Originally Posted by ShippoFox View Post
    I feel the same way. Like, part of you wants to live forever but then on the flip side you want to be able to die at somepoint at least. Well, unless you got a Tardis and a sonic screwdriver.