Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The effects of baby food

Default The effects of baby food

One of my favourite infantilist fantasies, something I'd love to get to experience one day, is to eat nothing but baby food for an extended period of time - perhaps for a week, maybe two weeks. But I'm curious, what effects would this have?

What I'm hoping is that it would lead to softer bowel movements, perhaps even semi-incontinence, similar to what babies must experience. My worries is that it might not be healthy, and could damage one's body somehow, and leave you feeling lethargic for the duration.

I'm guessing all these factors would depend on what baby foods you consume though, and for how long you stick to such a diet. Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

Well, it can't be TOO bad for you, the stuff uses real ingredients because babies need the real nutrients.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleButt View Post
    Well, it can't be TOO bad for you, the stuff uses real ingredients because babies need the real nutrients.
    Yes, but don't babies need different nutrients than adults?

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTFBaxxter View Post
    Yes, but don't babies need different nutrients than adults?
    Actually, no they don't. We all need the same nutrients for proper muscle function and body growth (body growth not so much in adults :P).

Kind of, but the balance of those nutrients is very different. The other problem is simply that you would have to eat a ridiculous amount of the stuff to actually meet the caloric intake needs of an adult. I am not joking about that either, look at the nutritional info on baby food and realize you would need to eat a good 30-50 jars of the stuff a day if that was all you where going to eat.

I mean, I am sure if you really wanted you could create some kind of diet that met your needs, but it probably wouldn't be fun.

edit: For example: The highest amount of protein I could find in a single jar of food was 8g. A small-medium chicken breast has almost 6 times that, so you would need to eat that many jars just to equal that in protein intake. You would need to eat around 8 jars a day to meet the needs of a typical sedentary American. If you where an athletic, active person you would need at least twice that.
    Last edited by frillyfoxy; 11-Aug-2010 at 16:09. Reason: additional info

Quote Originally Posted by frillyfoxy View Post
    Kind of, but the balance of those nutrients is very different. The other problem is simply that you would have to eat a ridiculous amount of the stuff to actually meet the caloric intake needs of an adult. I am not joking about that either, look at the nutritional info on baby food and realize you would need to eat a good 30-50 jars of the stuff a day if that was all you where going to eat.

I mean, I am sure if you really wanted you could create some kind of diet that met your needs, but it probably wouldn't be fun.

edit: For example: The highest amount of protein I could find in a single jar of food was 8g. A small-medium chicken breast has almost 6 times that, so you would need to eat that many jars just to equal that in protein intake. You would need to eat around 8 jars a day to meet the needs of a typical sedentary American. If you where an athletic, active person you would need at least twice that.
    Or they could just be a small snack for in between meals. That's what I'm gonna do

Well yes, and that would be fine, but the original post was about an all baby food diet.

To remedy the quantity issue that Frillyfox brought up, you can try making your own. Then you can put whatever you want in it and up the calorie count as high as you like. Or, you could try baby food items other than the stuff you buy in the jar, like hot cereals. You can definitely get enough to eat with a bowl of oatmeal or hot rice cereal.

And eating baby food will not make you semi-icon -- ever. It could make your stool softer, but I'm doubtful. Basically you're just shifting from a solid diet to a semi-liquid, or mechanically predigested, diet. In essence, it's as if you had chewed your food into a fine pulp before swallowing. So unless you're altering the content of your diet significantly, e.g. if you were to eat only the fruit kind of baby food, you probably won't see too much of a change in your BM.

Quote Originally Posted by CrinkleButt View Post
    Actually, no they don't. We all need the same nutrients for proper muscle function and body growth (body growth not so much in adults :P).
    This is true, although it is worth pointing out that babies require different quantities of nutrients than adults do, even if the nutrients themselves are the same. Notwithstanding, it's a moot point unless you're talking about baby formula, which is specifically formulated to suit a baby's nutritional needs. But your run-of-the-mill jarred baby food is really just normal adult foods that have been pureed.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It could make your stool softer, but I'm doubtful.
    Hm, then what is it that makes a baby's BMs so much softer than an adult's? I figured it was because of what they eat and drink, but perhaps it's because they're simply physiologically different than adults and it's got little to do with their "input".

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Notwithstanding, it's a moot point unless you're talking about baby formula, which is specifically formulated to suit a baby's nutritional needs.
    I was also going to ask about baby formula in specific. I'm guessing an all-baby formula diet wouldn't be very healthy for an adult? Very fattening, I would imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by MilesTFBaxxter View Post
    I was also going to ask about baby formula in specific. I'm guessing an all-baby formula diet wouldn't be very healthy for an adult? Very fattening, I would imagine.
    Ah well if you're talking specifically about formula, that's a different story. I would imagine an all-formula diet would indeed make your stool runny. But I have no idea, and no inclination to find out. I can't imagine that it would be too terrible on your body, but it would be a deathblow to your wallet I'm not really sure what the nutritional content of baby formula is, but I imagine it's basically a more dilute version of Ensure or Boost, which are basically the adult analogues of formula.