Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would becoming Incontinent ruin your life?

Default Would becoming Incontinent ruin your life?

So if you where to become incontinent based on injury or meds or what have you. Would your life be "ruined"? How do you think you'd take it or accept it? Would it prevent you from doing things you love? BTW we are talking strictly about urinary incontinence...

For me it wouldn't make my life worse. a bit more time consuming and maybe even a bit more enjoyable at times. But wearing diapers all the time could be potentially fun. But changing and fear of leaks would not be. On the bright side I could simply tell everyone that I'm incontinent and be able to hide my love of diapers due to that. Overall it wouldn't ruin my life. Just make it a bit harder to live but maybe a bit more enjoyable at times. >_> I'm not very active and my job requires me sitting on my butt and my regular job could cause issues. But if I'm quick about the diaper changes and discreet about it then I don't think there will be any major issues with that and my photography job. So yeah overall it wouldn't be so bad.
    Last edited by dragsnick; 20-Aug-2010 at 14:44. Reason: Mods moved it so one portion of the post was redundant.

I wouldn't mind it at all! I would definitely accept it!

While I don't think I'd sign up for the opportunity to become incontinent, it's not a "life ruiner". I've got a couple of friends who have colostomies and that seems pretty bad but they live full lives.

i don't think i could handle it, it would stress me out of some one saw me wearing diapers

Butterfly Mage

Mine is fairly mild. I could get by with one of those goofy guard/shield things if I was not a DL. It's not that big a deal.

If I was fecal incontinent, that would be another story. I don't think it would ruin my life, since I have already overcome so many things in my life. But I wouldn't wish such a thing for me or for anyone I cared about.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    While I don't think I'd sign up for the opportunity to become incontinent, it's not a "life ruiner". I've got a couple of friends who have colostomies and that seems pretty bad but they live full lives.
    Colostomies? like removal of the colon? >_>

1. I would feel a bit more odd around friends at school
    2. I probably would need a new job as lifeguarding + IC isn't really a great fit
    3. It would be a massive change (pardon the pun) to have to change myself throughout the day

Not sure how it would be overall but it would be a massive change at the start

At least a section of it, what remains is directed out your abdominal wall to a bag.

Quote Originally Posted by willnotwill View Post
    At least a section of it, what remains is directed out your abdominal wall to a bag.
    @_@..... So you'll be shitting.... in a bag for the rest of your life? *runs away*

Wouldn't phase me. It might be inconvenient but it would be as life changing as losing an arm or a leg, or being paralyzed. Other people would have more of an issue with it than I would.