Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any guides on how to put on Teddy Bambinos?

Default Any guides on how to put on Teddy Bambinos?

Seriously the elastic on the tapes are stretched too much..... Like they are broken already. Had to use tape to hold them up. I was extra careful not to put them on too tight and stretch them out.... I think these new tapes suck.... they should go with stretch panes like pampers... unless that's trademarked. But overall... yeah I just don't have enough diapers to ruin want to get the most out of them. I was reading the other topics and well they just said Don't strech them out and I"m like... but yeah I tought I did try... I had a bit of difficulty putting on the diaper to begin with... seems really big. Larger then I'm used to....

Jam6i

Everyone is having issues with the tapes. I am. You are. God is. Everyone is. It's just poor design that you can't fix without duct tape.

Default (dons asbestos suit)

Quote Originally Posted by dragsnick View Post
    Seriously the elastic on the tapes are stretched too much..... Like they are broken already. Had to use tape to hold them up. I was extra careful not to put them on too tight and stretch them out.... I think these new tapes suck....
    I had my first teddy on last night overnight, and it broke one upper tape when I rolled to get out of bed, but it was on too tight. "learning experience"

So I changed into a fresh this morning and went to work. That was over 12 hrs ago. I am currently still in the same diaper. (large bladder capacity, combined with unforeseen circumstances) Tapes are holding fine, diaper is still snug yet very comfortable.

I'm going to take the bomb-magnet poster's view here and say it's a user problem, not a design problem. We're all so used to having to get a good tight taping to keep from leaking. The reason for that is some movements slack the diaper and unless you had it really tight to begin with, you'll gap or at the very least get a very limp fit on a cuff and definitely leak in a flood. These diapers all have very strong tapes because you end up actually getting what little stretch you can out of the diaper itself and any elastic in the front and back.

Teddies are NOT designed to be put on so tight. If you put on the tapes, and give them a few sec to finish any stretching, and you see the stretch part is over 1/2", immediately undo the tape and back it off a bit. That stretch between 1/2" and 1" is to cover the stretch you will need for short durations in extreme positions. Ideally, at the middleground just standing, you'll have the tapes (all four) just under 1/2" stretched. (try for 1/3") You may have to give them a few sec or a minute to settle at a certain stretch. Then try to remember where you are placing the tapes for next time. I found getting the top two right to begin with was the challenge.

If you try to put them on tight to begin with, then when you flex and the tape would normally stretch, there's no stretch left, and they break. (agreed: they are NOWHERE NEAR as strong as a standard no-stretch tape) Trust me here, these teddies fit very comfortably and yet very snug on the cuffs if you tape them right. They won't feel nearly so tight on you because they don't need to be.

And if you don't like them send them to me There's no way these two bags are going to last very long. (and NOT because of broken tapes!) I will note ONE thing however, they are not nearly as tight across the back of the diaper, as a result of the lower continuous tension on the upper tapes. but unless you're overloading it, there's no reason for the diaper to leak out the back top, and it's not something a tighter fit is going to help with anyway.

pamperchu

I use white duct tape to cover over the tapes so i can tape them tight.

Quote Originally Posted by pamperchu View Post
    I use white duct tape to cover over the tapes so i can tape them tight.
    Doesn't that defeat the purpose of the stretchy tapes? Or are you just interested in the new design front panel? When I had my one break the other night I taped across it, but found the fit got worse.

I suspect if you wore a onesie with them, that would relieve some of the worry of not having them tight enough, the onesie holding the diaper up. Another possibility would be to buy some plastic pants to keep them up, and to eliminate the worry of leaking if you feel they aren't tight enough.

i just put my first ones on right now. Tapes are fine, i have my puppy plastic pants over them. I have flooded them with no leaks, the tapes still have enough strechy for when i flex. im happy with them so far. i plan to wear them all night, and i feel like i may be loading them up in the back soon. I will post tommorrow with how they held up.

I e-mailed them on the web page and they got back to me today. They are going to put up a guide in a few days on how to "properly" put them on. I urge anyone's who's ordered and have complaints to tell them on their site. They want to make their products better and they can't do that unless you tell them what you like and don't like.

Who knows, we might get a discount or something for being "loyal" or upstanding costumers.

Researcher

I'm debating on whether I should go with my usual white bambino or try the tedys. I like the tight fit of the bianco but I wear it to bed so are the teddys better as nighttime diapers?

Quote Originally Posted by Researcher View Post
    I'm debating on whether I should go with my usual white bambino or try the tedys. I like the tight fit of the bianco but I wear it to bed so are the teddys better as nighttime diapers?
    I haven't worn them when sleeping aside for a quick nap 15-35 mins. However taped properly or using a small amount duct taped will keep it in place and they work as well as the other two kinds. So yes, it should be a great nighttime diaper and if you have a problem with it, it will mostly be tapes ripping. Which is why I suggest duct tape if your worried.