Thread: Photography?

Default Photography?

Is anyone else into photography?

Oh, I couldnt find it, so I decided to make a thread. Sorry.
    Ill look again

Yeah I'm actually the youngest professional wedding photographer in my island. been shooting weddings since I was 9. I've given seminars about photography since I was 15. ^^ Overall I'm a bit of a celebrity because of it. I also have award winning photographers from several asociations. I'd post some of my work... But I need to be discreet. *sigh*

Very much so for the last 44 years. I've made a fair amount of money at it but don't concider my self a "pro" as it is not the major part of my income. I did not know there is a group here, I'll have to look for it but as my photography is often a personal thing I don't "group" about it often.

Photography is fun. I occasionally do work on the side for a photography as a tech guy and touchup guy. I don't have any decent equipment of my own right now simply because it would be another expensive hobby for me to pick up, one that I don't need, but with micro 4/3rds stuff getting cheaper it is tempting to replace my point and shoot with one for a bit more flexibility. I am great when it comes to picking a shot, general lighting etc, but spotty on some of the more technical aspects of film(I didn't get into it till after film was niche, and you can fudge a lot on digital). You can take some really nice pictures with almost any camera if you have a bit of patience, and an eye for it. That is half the fun!

I cant find any other thread, but can anyone recommend any better lenses for me around $300? I have a 40D body, 50mm F/1.8, and 28mm F/2.8. I am looking for something as a walk around lens.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    Yeah, theres an entire group dedicated to it on this very site.

Here's a link: Photography Group - ADISC.org

angelabauer

Quote Originally Posted by IceCream View Post
    I cant find any other thread, but can anyone recommend any better lenses for me around $300? I have a 40D body, 50mm F/1.8, and 28mm F/2.8. I am looking for something as a walk around lens.
    Welcome to ADISC IceCream.

Although since the "35mm" still format became popular about 1930 the 50mm lens was sold as standard, over the years photojournalists found the perspective of a 35mm lens added energy to shots of people.

If you look at my gallery you will see what I am talking about. The portraits were taken using a Nikor 58mm f/1.2 Noct on a Nikon F3. All the other photos of me were also shot on an F3, but with a Nikor 35mm f/1.4. Inside the studio the strobes were adjusted so the actual stop was f/8. The advantage of using the faster lenses is the limited depth of field when focusing.

As you know very few fixed focal length Nikor lenses are still in production. However, with a little searching you should be able to find a lightly used Nikor 35mm lens. Back in the day the 35mm f/1.4 was fairly expensive, but these days even a very good used one might be under USA$300. Good luck and good shooting.