Thread: Pandora's box

Default Pandora's box

My fiance's work schedule is such that she is not home 3 nights a week. Recently I have started sleeping with a teddy bear that my younger brother left here. (I hope that's not creepy) I am regretting doing this, because I have still yet to tell her about my AB side (shut up, I'm working on it), and I very much want to sleep with the teddy bear every night. I won't go so far to say that I wanted to cry when I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep with it, but I was rather distraught.

Your fiancée has got to be way better than the teddy bear four nights out of the week. You can use the bear (or not) on the off days. This is individual matter is far less important than what you're hiding overall. What you really need to concentrate on is communicating with her about yourself. I'm definitely not one to advocate talking about this stuff too early but when one is engaged to be married, you've passed the point where it's reasonable to hedge on something like this. If something like this can get you worked up, the person you love deserves this disclosure.

I sleep with my big tiger and my wife. But she knew about my ways before our first date!

Quote Originally Posted by BabyScrat View Post
    I sleep with my big tiger and my wife. But she knew about my ways before our first date!
    That tiger's name better be Hobbes.

Anyways hush, I doubt she would worry about you sleeping with a plushie, and I agree with Trevor you should talk with her.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Your fiancée has got to be way better than the teddy bear four nights out of the week.
    LoL That she is I assure you. I should have included that she holds me. I like being the little spoon, and she loves it. I am rather arrogant, and self conscious, thus I am disinclined to let that side of myself show to anyone outside the inner circle. I love being held by her, and that she rubs my back or my head when she thinks I am having a bad dream.

That being said, I acclimate and become attached to something that helps me sleep better very quickly. When I realized I would not being able to do so without raising an eyebrow, I had a moment that made me want to hit my forehead and exclaim, "D'OH!"

---------- Post added at 04:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post

Anyways hush, I doubt she would worry about you sleeping with a plushie, and I agree with Trevor you should talk with her.
    Yes, I know I need to talk to her. Though as I mentioned, I am very self conscious, and almost ashamed....... without the almost..... about this whole thing. There is so much fear that runs through my head about telling her. I know I have to, and I will eventually.

(Just to illustrate how paranoid I am, when I first discovered AB sites when I was 14, I was afraid to look at one in case I talked to someone pretending to be AB to "out" me)

Well, I can relate to that. I was much the same way. When I first met the girl who would become my wife, I told her about my bi side, having a four year relationship with my male room mate in college, and a lot of personal things, but not "that", and for the same reason I suppose. I was incredibly ashamed of that part of myself. However, eventually she caught me, by discovering my diaper order on line. This was years after we were married and the children grown and out of the house. She accepted it very well, so you might be surprised. If we are to truly love someone, we must love and accept them for who they are, as long as those aspects do no harm.

I might add that I did live for at least 10 years without visiting my "baby" side, and it was very difficult. It caused me to do other things that were more harmful, so this is something you will have to give some thought. A warm body, someone you love, is a lot better than a stuffed teddy, but it's possible you could have both, and if not, you still have three nights out of the week. That's three more than a lot of folks on this site have.

Quote Originally Posted by hush View Post
    My fiance's work schedule is such that she is not home 3 nights a week. Recently I have started sleeping with a teddy bear that my younger brother left here. (I hope that's not creepy) I am regretting doing this, because I have still yet to tell her about my AB side (shut up, I'm working on it), and I very much want to sleep with the teddy bear every night. I won't go so far to say that I wanted to cry when I realized I wouldn't be able to sleep with it, but I was rather distraught.
    I wouldn't worry about it.. I'd leave your bear on the bed, I bet she wont say anything... or won't say anything negative anyway!

[QUOTE=hush;439138]I like being the little spoon, and she loves it. I love being held by her, and that she rubs my back or my head when she thinks I am having a bad dream.

I love this too and Amy is always holding me or tickling my back & tummy

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    I wouldn't worry about it.. I'd leave your bear on the bed, I bet she wont say anything... or won't say anything negative anyway!
    Bingo is always welcome in our bed isnt he Amy

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post

Actually it's name is Humphrey. Personal joke though

Back to the subject at hand. The only time my tiger has caused problem is if we had a fight or something she would be upset that i had him. After awhile though i learned to just admit i was wrong like a good husband and then we cuddled

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I might add that I did live for at least 10 years without visiting my "baby" side, and it was very difficult. It caused me to do other things that were more harmful, so this is something you will have to give some thought. A warm body, someone you love, is a lot better than a stuffed teddy, but it's possible you could have both, and if not, you still have three nights out of the week. That's three more than a lot of folks on this site have.
    I am not sure what you mean by "other harmful things" you are meaning, but I am not apt to fall into any sort of addictions.

---------- Post added at 02:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AmyR View Post
    Honestly....... I think she would find it cute....... and for reasons I don't exactly understand, I think that would be WORSE.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BabyScrat View Post
    Back to the subject at hand. The only time my tiger has caused problem is if we had a fight or something she would be upset that i had him. After awhile though i learned to just admit i was wrong like a good husband and then we cuddled
    First, I am a bit arrogant. I have no problem admitting when I am wrong. Provided I am ACTUALLY wrong. I will NEVER...... EVER..... EEEEEEEEEVER admit to being wrong if I am not. It just won't happen.

I have a blankie that I have slept with every night since I was a kid. It's not a baby blankie, it is black, on one side, and white on the other. When it's warm I sleep with just that blanket, and she has a blanket, but in the winter when it's cold, I sleep with my blankie under hers. I asked her pretty early on if it bothered that I don't sleep under the same blanket as her, and she said that she was cool with it because the way I sleep makes he think I would hog.