Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: A question of personal morals.

GaashaHuzzah

Default A question of personal morals.

I have a grandmother. She is my grandmother by marriage, not through blood relation. She is an absolutely horrible person, mean and rude to everyone not holding a credit card for her to use. If it does not cater to her immediate interests, it must be an act of the Devil.

Now, here's where the morals part comes in. She has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I, personally, do not feel saddened by this. I don't feel it was a "Karma BITCH," situation, but I still really don't feel sad about any of this.

Does this make me, or anyone in a similar scenario, a bad person?

It just means you held a grudge against her. And believe me, I feel the same way about a LOT of people (especially those who think being a *B/DL is a mental/medical "condition")

"Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more." - Oscar Wilde

Quote Originally Posted by FadeLB View Post
    "Always forgive your enemies. Nothing annoys them more." - Oscar Wilde
    I'm sorry, but that's gonna be even harder than telling everyone I know that I'm a TB/DL

Quote Originally Posted by GaashaHuzzah View Post
    I have a grandmother. She is my grandmother by marriage, not through blood relation. She is an absolutely horrible person, mean and rude to everyone not holding a credit card for her to use. If it does not cater to her immediate interests, it must be an act of the Devil.

Now, here's where the morals part comes in. She has been recently diagnosed with breast cancer. I, personally, do not feel saddened by this. I don't feel it was a "Karma BITCH," situation, but I still really don't feel sad about any of this.

No. She's done absolutely nothing to warrant your affection or your pity. She's apparently done everything in her power to alienate others, be incredibly disagreeable, and an all-around unpleasant person. I do not think it is natural to feel sorry for her, in this case. I don't think it makes you a bad person to feel this way. It doesn't make you a "good person," either, it just means you are feeling entirely logical feelings about the situation.

also the are you a bad person? question is a false dichotomy; the goodness or badness of you isn't an absolute and it is context dependent. You can love your kids without loving the nasty psychotic lil brats next door; your average love of kids doesn't imply how you will love any given kid. Or grandmother.

I honestly don't think you're a bad person for this. Now, if you are praying for her death and bouncing on the grave, may blah blah blah whatever happen to you. My mom, who takes care f an old couple, feels slightly the same way, and not only her. The couple's older children and grand children know this and the don't feel really bad for their Gma, mainly because she's a bitch. I would say forgive her yada yada yada, but if you're not into that then you're not a bad person at all I would say.

If you could let her know how you feel, you definitely wouldn't be a bad person either.

Quote Originally Posted by GaashaHuzzah View Post

Nope. A perfectly understandable reaction.

It doesn't make you a bad person, she has been horrible to you so it's only natural to not care as much as you would if it happened to someone you care about a lot.

I'll put it to you this way. My fat old grandmother by marrige, hellen, was a cunt. She rolled over my mom's foot once with her wheelchair. (She is 500 pounds, and with the wheelchair was around 550, maybe more?) and broke my mom's foot on purpose. She treated my and my brother wayne like shit. When joe would be there, he would be treated like a king. She had to have her leg chopped off due to having diabetes. I didn't care. She had to go into the hospital because she got severely sick. I didn't care. And as I sat at the window, staring down at the ambulance, who had to call for 'back up' because they couldn't lift her, I saw my brother crying. Not heavily, but tearing. All I could think is "Why the fuck is he crying?!"

And, as I sat there watching the ambulance drive away, I sort of chuckled a bit, knowing she wasn't coming back. I'm not an evil, or sadistic person. I just hate that bitch. It isn't a question of morality. It's a question of humanity.