Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking for cheap adult crib

Default Looking for cheap adult crib

I been looking for adult baby crib but all the AB furiture maker charge over $1000 dollars or get it for cheaper price anyway. I wanted one for long time but there as much as used car would be for sale.

Quote Originally Posted by babylife247 View Post
    I been looking for adult baby crib but all the AB furiture maker charge over $1000 dollars or get it for cheaper price anyway. I wanted one for long time but there as much as used car would be for sale.
    Well, assuming there is a material shop near you, you could build ti for less than $500. But it all depends on the type of wood you want, which is one of the main factors.

I don't know how to work with wood or power tools.

daipe

Within 30 seconds of googling, I found this How to Build a Crib | eHow.com and a more detailed tutorial with pics Toolmonger Blog Archive How-To: Build A Crib — Part 1 and Toolmonger Blog Archive How To: Build A Crib — Part 2

Hope this helps!

Yeah if you know how work with wood yeah that would be great I could not do wood work if life depend on it like i said before.
    Last edited by Poohbearboy; 08-Aug-2010 at 19:15.

I didn't click the how to build link. But surely its pretty easy to modify a normal wooden framed bed to be a crib.
    I'm thinking staircase banisters, lots of screws and bolts and the odd hinge.

And I'm not too diytastic myself.

daipe

Yeah if you know how work with wood yeah that would be great I could not do would work if life depend on it like i said before.
    When you think of it, it is actually not that hard, and much safer than you think. If you ever get lost, there are always youtube videos on hand. For me, I just learnt everything as I go in this area. Unless you want to pay a load of money for someone to build you a crib, you're pretty much down to only one option: to build it yourself. Honestly, that is the only thing, apart from asking a friend to help you out, which will be a bit weird though, wouldn't it be ?

Seriously, all you have to do is adjust the plans for your size, and build it! How hard can it be? All the tools you need will be at home depot, and you even may be able to rent them (dunno if in the US they rent stuff like that). Most of the wood is also available there, and all it takes is to cut it in half and stick all the pieces together !

Yeah that way could work but i'm looking to buy one already made and I would just have to put together.

Yeah that way could work but i'm looking to buy one already made and I would just have to put together.
    Your not going to be able to find a cheap one, people have to make profit off cribs they sell.

The cheapest option is to bulid it yourself, but since you don't want to do that. Then well your left with buying one and there's not a whole lot of options for buying adult cribs.

Ok yeah you right about that buying one would be a high price but building it would be better.