Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Am I right about Pampers?

Default Am I right about Pampers?

Any of us who've been near a Pampers diaper know that awesome smell that comes out when you first open it. And I think I know what's in it that makes it smell so good! A mixture of baby oil and baby lotion. I put both of them on the other day, and to my surprise, I smelled exactly like a fresh Pamper. Am I right about it?

No, it's not a mixture of baby oil and lotion. They do treat their diapers with a skin conditioner, but that's about it. The reason why pampers smells like the baby oil/lotion is because they use the same or a similar fragrance. All of those baby products have a similar scent.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    Maybe.
    I really admire how well you hide your dazzling light of a personality under that bushel... Kudos.

Heaven forbid one should be too civil after all...!

Dan

Truthfullies

Yes it's a chemical spray that is places on the inner lining that gives off the smell, as well as in the newer diapers there are actual sent tablets that are activated when they are wet to help hide odor

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    No, it's not a mixture of baby oil and lotion. They do treat their diapers with a skin conditioner, but that's about it. The reason why pampers smells like the baby oil/lotion is because they use the same or a similar fragrance. All of those baby products have a similar scent.
    Oh well! I still found out a way to smell like a baby without diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    indeed. I keep baby oil on hand for just that reason.
    H*** ya! Hi five!

i have noticed the smell coming from them before. although i think slim is right that pampers do not use lotion/baby oil, they use a skin conditioner. it gives the diaper a unique smell.

redsox2468

I wish I had baby oil and lotion like CrinkleButt to smell like a baby because I dont have diapers at this current moment.