Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I... get annoyed by kids who do babyish stuff? Hypocrisy or Jealousy?

Default I... get annoyed by kids who do babyish stuff? Hypocrisy or Jealousy?

Alright well I realized that since I was a little kid I would see other kids sucking on their Paci's or bottles or acting very babyish and it gets annoying. I want to like trip them or punch them. (I was a kid keep that in mind) So recently I saw a kid do the same thing. A rather older kid (about 7yo) playing his DS and Sucking on his paci in public. I just got annoyed at the kid and wanted to smack him upside the head! Why? I DON"T KNOW! something in me says "grow up" kid.... but another side of me is like... but he seems happy.....

It's a bit conflicting because this has been something that I've felt for a while and that's why I just don't like kids taht much. (i'm pretty good with them tough) Just.... Iunno I find it a bit hypocritical of me that I want to suck on paci's and play games and stuff and here is a kid doing the same and I'm thinking he shouldn't be doing it. So yeah... I just want to know if this is more akin to jealousy or hypocrisy?

Dwhite

Yup, you are jealous, but I would be to. But I wouldn't feel the need to yell or hurt them...

It's a psychological thing. It's the same mentality that a kindergardener has when he enters 1st grade. Suddenly Barney is stupid and for little kids. So then they make up songs about killing Barney and stuff. High school kids do it too. Don't all seniors treat underclassmen with less respect? I'm pretty sure it's called the "post-analytical-maturity mentality." (See, I thread where I know what I'm talking about.) Read up a little about psychology. You never know whose questions you might end up answering.

I am with you.

I have very little patience for kids, I always feel like they should know better, even though I know they don't/can't.

And yet I have infinite patience for animals which is kind of weird since they often act like children... 0.o

I dunno if I'de call it jealousy, maybe it is....

Quote Originally Posted by GoodniteTeen View Post
    Don't all seniors treat underclassmen with less respect?
    Not when I'm around. lol.

I think it's a bit jealousy, but I've also seen kids at my school that suck pacis, weird.

I reckon your jealous, but I know I'd probably be jealous in the situation with that kid. I mean 7 years old with a paci? I'd love to be in his shoes.

daipe

Quote Originally Posted by Pichu View Post
    I reckon your jealous, but I know I'd probably be jealous in the situation with that kid. I mean 7 years old with a paci? I'd love to be in his shoes.
    Same

However, I saw once a kid that was like 7-8 playing some sorta FPS game (on his PSP) in a very expensive restaurant
    with his elderly parents/grandparents, and he was sucking a paci. I was like, wow... that's weird!

Quote Originally Posted by daipe View Post
    Same

However, I saw once a kid that was like 7-8 playing some sorta FPS game (on his PSP) in a very expensive restaurant
    with his elderly parents/grandparents, and he was sucking a paci. I was like, wow... that's weird!

Kids that big with pacifiers? Pics or it didn't happen.

On that note, don't take pics, that'd be creepy. But I still can't believe it. :P

I too have seen older kids on video games with paci's....noticing a trend anyone? Anyway, I also feel it's a little weird. I think kids should be raised so that they pass all their milestones on time, give or take a bit for the individual factor.

If they end up being a *b/dl it's not for lack of effort by the parents.

Oh and also their teeth won't be really screwed up from still sucking on that binky!