Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Do you want to date my Avatar? Have we got to that point?

  1. #1

    Default Do you want to date my Avatar? Have we got to that point?

    So I came across this music vid on youtube and just thought 'Have we really gotten to that point where this is accurate?'

    I just want your thoughts on it
    Last edited by Midnightrose; 02-Aug-2010 at 15:13. Reason: typo

  2. #2

    Default

    Haven't listened to the track, but you might want to spell "avatar" correctly. It's in your link afterall.

    Not trying to be nitpicky, it's just that this is the mature topics forum, so people are often more receptive to topics if they're written properly

    Will listen to the track later and respond

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Talula View Post
    Haven't listened to the track, but you might want to spell "avatar" correctly. It's in your link afterall.

    Not trying to be nitpicky, it's just that this is the mature topics forum, so people are often more receptive to topics if they're written properly

    Will listen to the track later and respond
    Thanks for the typo point out. and let me know your thoughts

  4. #4

    Default

    Well if someone's making a parody video of the concept then yes, it got to that stage long ago.

    after all, this IS world of warcraft we're talking about, don't forget.





    unless of course this is just a plug for this person's band, in which if it is then shame on you

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightrose View Post
    So I came across this music vid on youtube and just thought 'Have we really gotten to that point where this is accurate?'

    I just want your thoughts on it
    Awesome video. Hilarious.

    And yes, this is accurate. We got to this point -many- years ago. For reference: See: Second Life (or pretty much any online game with a social environment or RP base).

    Counter question: Is this a bad thing? Why or why not?

  6. #6

    Default

    You're great, MidnightRose, but I could not date your avatar. It absolutely gives me the heeby-jeebies.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Damon Gant View Post
    Well if someone's making a parody video of the concept then yes, it got to that stage long ago.

    after all, this IS world of warcraft we're talking about, don't forget. unless of course this is just a plug for this person's band, in which if it is then shame on you

    Nay, don't even like the song, I am just wondering if this world really came to this, and wondering other people's thoughts on the message behind the song... besides if if i was going to advertise i would be doing aqua.



    Quote Originally Posted by FadeLB View Post
    You're great, MidnightRose, but I could not date your avatar. It absolutely gives me the heeby-jeebies.
    You with me? give me a break, you don't have a snowball's chance in hell. I bite and have rabies... and this is not me trying to find someone to date,

  8. #8

    Default

    I'd like to hope that we're not there yet, but I know that we are. It's pathetic when I hear people around me saying "I have a date with my GF at Stormwind tonight. She's so f***in hawt!"

    Do they even know who that person is in the real world? No, they don't. It's also pathetic when couples say that they'll meet somewhere in WoW that night and have a date.

    It's so out of control where I am, lots of people do stuff and say "frontslash *insert action here*"

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    It's so out of control where I am, lots of people do stuff and say "frontslash *insert action here*"
    Really? Because where I live, the bros come up when they see me using my friend's DS and ask "DUDE IS THAT ZELDA NO MAN IT'S WORLD OF WARCRAFT HEY BRA HOW DO YOU USE A POTION HA HA HA", and then they go play football. On their XBox 360s. ~_~

    There are desperate people everywhere, and I'd say lots of people who spend lots of time on those games would have a propensity to be more outgoing on video games where their appearance doesn't mean much. Of course, that's not true of everyone, but they definitely exist! On a game the playing field is even once you learn how it's done. Not so much in real life.

  10. #10

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    I'd like to hope that we're not there yet, but I know that we are. It's pathetic when I hear people around me saying "I have a date with my GF at Stormwind tonight. She's so f***in hawt!"

    Do they even know who that person is in the real world? No, they don't. It's also pathetic when couples say that they'll meet somewhere in WoW that night and have a date.

    It's so out of control where I am, lots of people do stuff and say "frontslash *insert action here*"
    Yeah, it's a little strange, but for some of us, WoW or other games are our evenings out, not all of us dig your "bar scene". It's a way to chat with people, talk to friends and enjoy yourself - just not a socially sanctioned one, like going and getting drunk with your "buds".

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.