Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marriage/Monogomous Relationships

Default Marriage/Monogomous Relationships

Is there a point to getting married or to even staying with one partner throughout the majority of your life? On one hand, you have a reduction of STDs and less relationship issues, but on the other hand are we dealing with an antiquated dating system that has been more or less used to condense family wealth and conjoining pedigree?

Family has meaning. Lifetime commitments provide stability in ways that other bonds don't. When children come into play this is even more important, at that point relationships become less about fulfilling the sexual needs of individuals, and more about providing a safe and loving home for children. I know that I care about my family more than anything else in the world - this would not be possible if society and family were more amorphous.

Butterfly Mage

Having a stable monogamous relationship with my partner has added a lot of joy to my life. Marriage/monogamy works for me from an emotional, spiritual, and financial standpoint. The sexual aspect to a monogamous relationship diminishes over time, but I can't proclaim to have ever had a big sex drive to begin with.

Im in a monogamous relationship. Honestly I cant see how people can have open relationships. Im engaged with my fiancee and we both only want to be with one another. With monogamous relationships it is not all about lust pleaure and passion. Its about knowing you can count on that one person for the rest of your life. Knowing you got eachothers backs. I have the sex drive of a bunny but this to me is more important then sex. But if you only want to fuck around then by all means monogamy is "outdated" -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Tsendo View Post
    Family has meaning. Lifetime commitments provide stability in ways that other bonds don't. When children come into play this is even more important, at that point relationships become less about fulfilling the sexual needs of individuals, and more about providing a safe and loving home for children. I know that I care about my family more than anything else in the world - this would not be possible if society and family were more amorphous.
    I couldn't have said it better. There's something to be said from Ecclesiastes, "To everything there is a time and purpose under heaven." Chef said it better. "That's what college is for, children." When we are young and sexually active, we sow our wild oats. But maturing is about so many things, not just getting older. We build, at our careers, our likes and dislikes, and hopefully discover our passions such as hobbies, interests, arts, beauty? Within that, we should discover our soul mate, someone who makes us whole. The right person should be the Yin to our Yang. Even though sex can become boring with the same person, there is so much more to a relationship. It's a journey, and somewhere on that journey, you should grow deeper in love, so much, that you would never want to hurt that love. Fidelity is a a bond, and a commitment. Think of the documented cases where a spouse will die, and the mate knows it, feels it, before the news arrives. Life is a mystery, and our relationships are the most important part of that relationship.

Is there a point to getting married or to even staying with one partner throughout the majority of your life?

Marriage is a sacred institution granted by God since the beginning of Human life patterned after His own celestial laws. It is only together that a man and a woman can become complete, complementing each others' natural strengths and weaknesses, having an insurance of trust and lasting love, and raising our Heavenly Father's spirit children in loving homes, giving them the fair chance to learn how to be happy. Calling it "antiquated" or "old-fashioned", one would might as well call clothing or government the same.

I've always believed in polyamorus relationships. If it works for you, why not? I'm not in one myself, but I could be one day. What's wrong with raising a kid with three dads and four moms?

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ5Cloufiroth View Post
    Is there a point to getting married or to even staying with one partner throughout the majority of your life?

Marriage is a sacred institution granted by God since the beginning of Human life patterned after His own celestial laws. It is only together that a man and a woman can become complete, complementing each others' natural strengths and weaknesses, having an insurance of trust and lasting love, and raising our Heavenly Father's spirit children in loving homes, giving them the fair chance to learn how to be happy. Calling it "antiquated" or "old-fashioned", one would might as well call clothing or government the same.
    Governments and clothing are antiqued as we no longer live in the wild and with our technology today should not require a big brother like a government, and that all we really need is a body to over see social systems like taxes, welfare, law, law enforcement, etc.

Also, this board tends to really lean non-theistic. I would try to keep replies as secular as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SSJ5Cloufiroth View Post

Try to avoid mentioning God in any and all post. People here dont like belief systems that much so try to avoid such post in the future.

I really hope we're not discouraging people from posting according to their beliefs and opinions! How dare we do that. Preposterous to think that some people might subscribe to different ideas the exposure to which might allow us to synthesize a more well-rounded understanding of the original inquiry.