Thread: Does anyone else have to pee almost immediately after drinking a cup of coffee?

R134A

Default Does anyone else have to pee almost immediately after drinking a cup of coffee?

As the title says. Does anyone have to go pee almost immediately after drinking coffee? I know I sure do. I feel it goes right through me. That's basically why I avoid coffee when I'm driving a long distance. XD Or when I'm no where near a restroom.

Are you kidding? I find myself wetting during the first cup haha..that stuff goes through waaay too quick.

Butterfly Mage

Coffee contains a lot of caffeine, which is a diuretic. Drugs classified as diuretics have the tendency to pull water out of the body. So, having to urinate shortly after drinking coffee is pretty much par for the course.

Quote Originally Posted by TeeDee View Post
    Are you kidding? I find myself wetting during the first cup haha..that stuff goes through waaay too quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    Coffee contains a lot of caffeine, which is a diuretic. Drugs classified as diuretics have the tendency to pull water out of the body. So, having to urinate shortly after drinking coffee is pretty much par for the course.
    You both said all I was going to! Coffee also makes me sleepy.

I can drink 2 or 3 cups and not have to go for an hour or two but, after that it sorta sneaks up on me haha

Oh, yeah. Pee and poop. Beer makes me want to pee as soon as I take a few sips too.