Thread: Not Directly Related - Question about a place (GYM with people in diapers?)

Default Not Directly Related - Question about a place (GYM with people in diapers?)

I could be potentially answering my own question here but i've seen pictures of kids and some adults in these gym places with these blue mats on the floor with like an exercise ball and like a mirror.

What is that place? For some reason I think it's like physical therapy, but if so why do these kids in diapers need physical therapy? I've always been fascinated by that place, i'm not sure if it's for the disabled or what, I just wanna go there and play (diapered) haha

ya ive seen a few too and its yoga im pretty sure lots of slow movement and boringness no fun time but the big balls i think are called medicine balls for some reason

I'm not sure what kind of gym you are referring to, but the large inflated ball are exercise balls while the smaller dodgeball size balls are medicine balls. The medicine balls are usually heavy and used as a weight.

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay518 View Post
    I'm not sure what kind of gym you are referring to, but the large inflated ball are exercise balls while the smaller dodgeball size balls are medicine balls. The medicine balls are usually heavy and used as a weight.
    Mostly this, except medicine balls can actually be rather large. Medicine balls are filled with sand or some other weight to make it really heavy, and you use it to work on muscles and stuff. An exercise ball is a huge ball filled with air to do certain stretches. I have an exercise ball and multiple sized medicine balls sitting in my basement.

As for the place... it might be specialized classes for mentally retarded children who still have issues with controlling their bodily functions and need protection. I'm just guessing for that part.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Medicine balls are filled with sand or some other weight to make it really heavy.
    If I remember reading correctly, another thing they fill medicine balls with, is the same material found in diapers for absorption.
    Just a useless fact to remember.

Quote Originally Posted by DantheKitten View Post
    If I remember reading correctly, another thing they fill medicine balls with, is the same material found in diapers for absorption.
    Just a useless fact to remember.
    I find that hard to believe. If you mean SAP, that seems like a huge waste when sand is much easier to come by. If you got a small hole in it (which, I'll admit, would be hard) and it got wet, the ball would expand and rip.

well, this place seems interesting.

for the record, since we're on the topic of medicine balls, it is NEVER a good idea to play catch with them in an area with people walking by.

I was walking by while these kids in a PE class were playing catch with the medicine ball, and they "accidentally" hit me in the back of the head with it. Not fun. I was almost knocked senseless.

As for what the place is, I've never seen one before, and i'd have to go with Zephiel's guess.