Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Web search question

  1. #1

    Default Web search question

    is there any way to keep search engines from seeing our posts here? I just did a quick check by searching my user name + diapers & all my posts came up & I was able to see all my info from a non registered computer to this site. I have all my settings set for registered users only here so I am not quite sure why I am still seeing my info. Just a tad paranoid because everyone knows me by Grizz. Any idea how to block that?

  2. #2

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    is there any way to keep search engines from seeing our posts here? I just did a quick check by searching my user name + diapers & all my posts came up & I was able to see all my info from a non registered computer to this site. I have all my settings set for registered users only here so I am not quite sure why I am still seeing my info. Just a tad paranoid because everyone knows me by Grizz. Any idea how to block that?
    They shouldn't be able to see your personal profile, but your posts are available to the public. Why people would be searching your name + diapers I'll never know.

    Did you not think of this when you made your username? "Oh, hey. This is a name that EVERYONE knows me by. GREAT name for a fetish site I hope no one ever finds out about."

    I'd suggest a name change. It's available through your profile settings.

  3. #3

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    They shouldn't be able to see your personal profile, but your posts are available to the public. Why people would be searching your name + diapers I'll never know.

    Did you not think of this when you made your username? "Oh, hey. This is a name that EVERYONE knows me by. GREAT name for a fetish site I hope no one ever finds out about."

    I'd suggest a name change. It's available through your profile settings.
    Never said I was the smartest bear in the den now did I :P
    I just had a paranoid moment there. I am just a bit nervous about it all but a random web search should be the least of my worries. My boss is the network admin & at any point in time he could just look at my network connections & see it all XD

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz View Post
    I am just a bit nervous about it all but a random web search should be the least of my worries. My boss is the network admin & at any point in time he could just look at my network connections & see it all XD
    I don't think he could fire you for that or anything. Everybody has secrets, fetishes, and odd hobbies. I just know that if I were ever a boss (Oh goodness I would suck so hard at it), I'd respect my workers' privacy and not throw them out the door for liking bondage or anything. (Illegal things are different. I'd report and fire a worker with child pornography, for instance.) Of course, everybody's different. Closed-minded people can really suck.

    As for the original question, I don't think so... google's a bitch. :/

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Shukkume View Post
    I don't think he could fire you for that or anything. Everybody has secrets, fetishes, and odd hobbies. I just know that if I were ever a boss (Oh goodness I would suck so hard at it), I'd respect my workers' privacy and not throw them out the door for liking bondage or anything. (Illegal things are different. I'd report and fire a worker with child pornography, for instance.) Of course, everybody's different. Closed-minded people can really suck.

    As for the original question, I don't think so... google's a bitch. :/
    I'd be pretty surprised if he couldn't fire him for that. It's not as though fetishes or just plain liking diapers is part of any protected class. As to whether or not he would, that's a different question. While lots of people do have fetishes and whatnot, they also tend to keep them to their own time. Many companies have Internet polices that would put a person in violation simply for viewing this site while on the job. The short of it is: you're better off keeping this stuff on your own time and equipment.

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    I'd be pretty surprised if he couldn't fire him for that. It's not as though fetishes or just plain liking diapers is part of any protected class. As to whether or not he would, that's a different question. While lots of people do have fetishes and whatnot, they also tend to keep them to their own time. Many companies have Internet polices that would put a person in violation simply for viewing this site while on the job. The short of it is: you're better off keeping this stuff on your own time and equipment.
    It is more the embarrassment of being found out than anything else. I work at quite the liberal college so there are no restrictions as to what we can & cannot surf as long as it is legal of course. hell we even have islands on second life & were all told to make accounts & go play.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.