Thread: Walgreens

Default Walgreens

I am shopping at Walgreen tomorrow. What is the best diaper for the value? I don't go to Walgreen very often, but Walmart had a bad selection when i went, (I want diapers and I had to settle for an assurance pull-up). My goal is to spend under thirty dollars.

I want a plastic backed one and as babyish as possible Any help is much appreciated.

The only plastic backed diapers you will find on the shelves are Depends Max protection.

Quote Originally Posted by barkd74 View Post
    The only plastic backed diapers you will find on the shelves are Depends Max protection.
    That's been my Walgreens experience as well. I guess they could have regional differences but those are really the ones I'd expect. This is not all bad. They are not high-capacity by any means but their three tapes generally provide a good fit and they're thin enough to be discreet under most clothes. They generally run $15-16. Don't expect them to hold a heavy wetting and you shouldn't be disappointed. There unfortunately isn't much to choose from in plastic backed diapers for retail.

Yea the Wallgreens store brand are exactly the same as Wallmarts assurance and CVSs overnights. You really have to order online to get decent diapers thease days.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    That's been my Walgreens experience as well. I guess they could have regional differences but those are really the ones I'd expect. This is not all bad. They are not high-capacity by any means but their three tapes generally provide a good fit and they're thin enough to be discreet under most clothes. They generally run $15-16. Don't expect them to hold a heavy wetting and you shouldn't be disappointed. There unfortunately isn't much to choose from in plastic backed diapers for retail.
    Since pull-ups have become more popular, most retailers will only stock Depends and 1 store brand. I remember when Walgreen's used to have 4 of their own brand in addition to 2 kinds of Depends and Attends. I still have some of their overnights wich are actually pretty good. And to the OP, if you get sme baby diapers to use as stuffers I think you will be happy.

I went with depends max protection, and it was a good buy. Wish they had more of a variety, but can't be picky I guess. Thanks for the help

I know you said you wanted a plastic back diaper but the Walgreens Certainty brand (cloth backed) is, in my opinion, slightly better than Depends, and they are generally cheaper. Like Trevor said, they aren't a high quality brief that can hold a lot, but they do okay.

The other option is to approach the store manager and ask if they'll do a one time shipment to the store of a higher quality diaper that you can usually only get online. They have Attends Extended wear briefs that are supposed to be pretty good from what I've heard. If you don't want to approach the store manager you can get that question answered by calling their customer service.

Thanks molicareak. This sounds like a good plan to use in the future. I can't do this now since I don't have a vehicle of my own on the road yet. I used my dads today while he was at work. But it seems as soon as I am out on my own i can just order online.

Anything that is on walgreens.com can be ordered to ship to the store. There really isn't anything stocked in local warehouses that can be ordered to the store as normal stock except some larger packages of the same product you find on the store shelf. Also you can go to the pharmacy counter and do a special order from our outside supplier. (I have only seen this happen a couple of times in my 11+ year history there.)

Don't forget you can easy extend the capacity of those Depends with some cheap baby diaper so you get the most bang for your buck.