Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pedophilia

June

Default Pedophilia

I've been wanting to discuss this for a while, but I'm fifteen, and I thought I would be ostracized for bringing up this subject. Now, I've finally built up the courage.

Pedophilia is looked upon as sick, perverse, and wrong by our society. People who find boys or girls under the age of 18 are labeled as creeps, and are probably hated more than homosexuals. People will look at them as a threat, if anything.

Let me cut to the chase and give my opinions on it. I believe that pedophiles are as misunderstood as homosexuals, if not more. A pedophile is often associated as an older man that lures children to a van with candy. A pedophilic person, however, could be a nineteen year old who finds a 12 year old girl attractive.

Now let me ask you this:

Is it really wrong to be attracted to someone younger than you? Our society may look at it as sick, but is it really that bad? People cannot really control what they find to be attractive. Ask slot of homosexuals who wish they were straight. Some people are just this way.

Now before you assume I believe it's fine to lure a child to a van, let me stop you for a second. I simply said that I didn't find it wrong for people to be attracted to younger people. I didn't say it was okay for them to have sexual relations with them. I am against CP, mainly because a lot of children have not matured enough to consent to posing nude, or engaging in sexual relations. I am not saying it is fine to do this. I am simply saying that I do not see anything wrong with people's attractions or fantasies, as long as they are not forced upon other people (I think we can all relate this to an individual that can be associated with the *b/dl community).

This is just my personal view on pedophilia.
    Last edited by June; 26-Jul-2010 at 21:42. Reason: Better example. Happy?

Having sex with a 16 year old when you're 19 is perfectly legal here... Just saying.

This is an iffy subject, and I'd prefer to keep my opinion private for now.

June

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Having sex with a 16 year old when you're 19 is perfectly legal here... Just saying.

This is an iffy subject, and I'd prefer to keep my opinion private for now.
    I didn't mention anything about a 16 year old having sex with a nineteen year old. I was talking about attractions.

Quote Originally Posted by TeenageToddler View Post
    I didn't mention anything about a 16 year old having sex with a nineteen year old. I was talking about attractions.
    Okay, well if they can have sex at that age, I think that being attracted to one another is also perfectly okay...

June

Okay then, knock it down a few years or something. Just get the idea, please.

The age of consent makes pedophilia illegal, and it is NOT okay to force children to have sex. I think anyone below teenage age should not be having sex especially with someone over 18.

June

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbaby85 View Post
    The age of consent makes pedophilia illegal, and it is NOT okay to force children to have sex. I think anyone below teenage age should not be having sex especially with someone over 18.
    I am not directly talking about sex. I am talking about pedophilia.

Um.. IMO Pedophilia is when pre pubescent children are involved. If a kid has developed already it's ok to be attracted to them because well they now have boobies and it's natural. People have been mayrying 14 year old girls for years (victorian era) 14 year old girls with 30 year old guys..... So yeah So my guide to this is if it's got boobs and is developed it's ok to be attracted to them. ya know?

EDIT: Just to be clear I'm talking about attraction as the OP mentions. NOT SEX it's still wrong to have sex with them.

I personally am, and I know it's an unpopular opinion on a iffy subject, not someone who demonized someone for their own sexual fantasies. Everyone has their own and as obvious to most, sexual urges aren't something you can pick and choose. Someone who just is attracted and is mature about it, never acts on it or would never ever act on it is a perfectly okay person in my book.

So as a sexual attraction base, as long as the person is mature, discreet and doesn't act on the feelings when it comes to practice, I'm fine with it. I'm aware that my opinion is unpopular but I refuse to demonize someone for something they can't pick and choose. Something that just comes naturally to them. It's only when they go too far is when they deserve to be treated in a negative fashion.

Loopygone

Pedophillia specificly means people who find prepubescent children attractive.
    I don't think anyone is going to look down on anyone else for finding a 15 - 18 yr old attractive. Its genetic, we want to pass our genes on to the strongest partner who will help carry/provide for the child. And quite simply, the younger they are the better in their prime they will be when that child is growing up. Of course if you actually go and have sex with a 15 yr old you're breaking the law, since in the eyes of the law they're too young to make a decision on when to have sex and can easily coierced in to having sex.
    Now, if you find people under that age attractive then you have an issue. We know how hard it is to stop devient desires, and if your devience is pedophilia then it will be very hard not to act on that.
    It is simular to other sexual things, like homosexuality, infantism, etc. The difference through is those other desires can all be expressed between consenting adults, and or by ones self.
    If a pedophile can go through life and not rape, inappropietly touch, do anything with a child then good for them. They don't need to tell anyone either (why would they?). If they can't control those desires thats where you get a problem. And there isn't many ways to deal with that problem really.