Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Salt + Diapers?

daipe

Thumbs up Salt + Diapers?

I wonder if this will still apply to adult diapers... and I'm quite surprised that the salt in our urine doesn't turn the stuff in the diapers into liquid. Oh, and this also kinda explains how diapers work and why they bulge so much!

Science kinda scares me sometimes. Like right now.
    Last edited by gigglemuffinz; 25-Jul-2010 at 11:15. Reason: Smilies don't work! =O

Quote Originally Posted by Youjo View Post
    Science kinda scares me sometimes. Like right now.
    Whats is scary?

Quote Originally Posted by Pikachu View Post
    Whats is scary?
    I guess it's just.. I dunno. The world has so many interesting things that if you put this thing and this thing together, who knows what could happen. Makes me wonder about the things we put in our body, it makes me wonder about a lot of stuff I guess. It's not full-on FEAR, but it's just that sorta mystery of the unknown that makes you think.

I probably am not making any sense.

Don't worry, I understand what your trying to convey. But anyways, that looked interesting! I have the same thought as everyone else, why doesn't the salt in our urine dissolve the stuff in diapers back into a liquid form? Also, I didn't know we had salt in our urine. That's kinda weird....

Quote Originally Posted by Daisuke View Post
    Don't worry, I understand what your trying to convey. But anyways, that looked interesting! I have the same thought as everyone else, why doesn't the salt in our urine dissolve the stuff in diapers back to liquid form? Also, I didn't know we had salt in our urine. That's kinda weird....
    Even if we don't, something in my mind guesses the massive amounts of ramen I eat would help that.

Okay, now I can't understand what your saying. It's prolly because of the lack of sleep or something, or because even though I can speak English because I was born in the US, I sometimes have a problem decoding what the hell someone is trying to say.

That was awesome! A thought: does the body excrete a teaspoon of salt and does the salt have to be concentrated to do that? For example, if she measured out and mixed that teaspoon in a glass of water before mixing would it have the same effect? I would assume not since the salt molecules would have absorbed the water from the pre-mix beforehand. Although, if someone has a high sodium diet it makes you wonder...
    Oh and before anyone does this, please don't put salt in your diaper while wearing. I know it's obvious, but I don't want to hear about horrible skin irritation down there. I can just imagine the world's worst diaper rash from that, yeeesh...

One important thing you guys may be overlooking, diapers are not filled entirely with that stuff. If they were, they'd just be bags of absorbant grains that would hold no shape, be virtually unable to wick fluid, and turn into a giant sagging loose gel glob when wet. Take a diaper apart and you'll see how little of the stuff is actually inside the padding. If it was composed of entirely gel, even 'ultra-thin' diapers would probably hold a gallon fully saturated and swell up like a beach ball.