Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jackpot?

Default Jackpot?

Recently some obscure relative of mine kicked the bucket. Her will pretty much said first come first serve.

Here's the good part, She had Alzheimer's, and bought her husband diapers every week or two, even though he was dead. She forgot that he died (apparently, he was a workaholic) and, he was never home to begin with anyway, so she just figured that he was at work.

The thing is, There's loads of diapers around, but I don't want to get caught by another scavenging relative trying to get them. What's the best plan of attack? It's not stealing or anything wrong, and I know that they'll just get thrown out if I don't grab some.

My thoughts were one pack at a time. Take several trips like everyone else. But, the problem is, that I can't drive, and my parents don't have any cars that would be easy to hide such a thing from their view, or put it in a place where they'll remain undisturbed until i can retrieve them later that night.

but my question, now is should I try to take them and how, or will i have to do some late-night dumpster diving?

Also, as a side note, you're probably thinking about how i could be such a cold, insensitive bastard, but you must understand, that I never knew the person. sure, it's sad that someone died, but you can't really blame me for not really crying at the funeral or anything like that, can you?

One or two packs at a time is no different that all at once, either way eventualy it will be noticed that some or all of them are missing. With that said do at your own risk. Just stash some diapers into some clothes or blankets and claim those.

If at all possible you could try using a large backpack and stuff one-two packs in there at a time.
    Last edited by Fire2box; 25-Jul-2010 at 04:25. Reason: misread the orginal post, removed invalid comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    Merriam-Webster says it's stealing.

Steal - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

What I would do however is talk to the women who bought them.. then either tell them the truth about why you "need' them, or say you know someone who could use them.. though even the later is delightful in my view.

As for how to get them home with you, I would have no idea and neither would anyone else. If at all possible you could try using a large backpack and stuff one-two packs in there at a time.
    The woman who bought them is dead and said "all my stuff is fair game". He doesn't want other people who are removing the deceased women's things to notice that his claim of the bounty is diapers.
    Last edited by Zephy; 25-Jul-2010 at 02:55.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    The woman who bought them is dead and said "all my stuff is fair game". He doesn't want other people who ar removing the deceased women's things to notice that his claim of the bounty is diapers.
    well said, and you are completely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by patrick1776 View Post
    One or two packs at a time is no different that all at once, either way eventualy it will be noticed that some or all of them are missing. With that said do at your own risk. Just stash some diapers into some clothes or blankets and claim those.
    The thing is that they aren't exactly stacked neatly anywhere, and I doubt that anyone would notice their absence.

Quote Originally Posted by Dann View Post
    well said, and you are completely correct.

The thing is that they aren't exactly stacked neatly anywhere, and I doubt that anyone would notice their absence.
    So I'm guessing the issue is transporting them, not whether you can grab them or not. No car means no easy method, so unless you can squeeze a bunch into your bag and ride them on your bike, you're kinda hosed, unless you tell someone and get use of a car with a trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by xbabyx View Post
    So I'm guessing the issue is transporting them, not whether you can grab them or not. No car means no easy method, so unless you can squeeze a bunch into your bag and ride them on your bike, you're kinda hosed, unless you tell someone and get use of a car with a trunk.
    pretty much. that's why i was thinking dumpster diving. odds are, i could possibly get them from the garbage, if they're still completely sealed, possibly with the help of my trusty bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    The woman who bought them is dead and said "all my stuff is fair game". He doesn't want other people who are removing the deceased women's things to notice that his claim of the bounty is diapers.
    I misread that part, I thought it was her husband that died recently and she was still living.

I would just take them all in plain site and say you are donating them. Then donate a pack or two so it's not like you're a complete liar :3

Diapers go to people that would have needed them or used them as opposed to being thrown out, there is more space, everyone's happy.

Or just tell yoyr parents that you had several ideas for practical jokes and what not. And that you are gonna donate them or give a lot of them to your friends grandma from school. Etc. Ya know? just tell them that stuff is gonna be thrown out so why not give them to people who need them. ^^