Thread: DL Heaven?

Default DL Heaven?

Hey guys. I just got back from a week-long Spanish trip to Costa Rica yesterday and I found something very interesting. As I was walking the streets of Guadalupe on my way to our host family's house with my roommate and our host dad, we walked past what was labeled as a Paņalera.

We never had this word in our class vocab quizzes, but I knew that paņal is diaper in Spanish. I guessed that it meant Diaper Shop seeing as every product in there was either diapers or diaper-related from what I saw at a glance. (As a side note, Google translate says it means "diaper bag." This makes sense as it's the name of a diaper store.) I saw that there were diapers of all sizes there, even for adults.

I thought that it would be harder to get your hands on adult diapers while in a country like Costa Rica but this shop (and other pharmacies) proved that it wasn't. I saw much more down there than in the USA.

Being in a different country would be a perfect time to buy my first pack if it wasn't for it being a class trip... I just wanted to share this with you guys and see if you thought if a whole store related to diapers would be heaven to you guess. I doubt you'd find any Bambinos there tho...

P.S. I know the paragraphs aren't really logical, but I thought you'd appreciate it if I broke up a giant wall of text...

Quote Originally Posted by Rocky View Post
    P.S. I know the paragraphs aren't really logical, but I thought you'd appreciate it if I broke up a giant wall of text...
    No need to apologize, most people hate a Berlin Wall sized text.

They aren't just popular there either. There is a specialty store nearby me, and also when I was in Mexico, I saw three of them.

Definitely do not apologize for breaking up the text. I think it makes it loads easier to read.

Spearmint

that's soooo awesome. I wonder if they had any good brands though, or just tons of depends esque costa rican diapers.

That's so cool that you found a place like that. Too bad you are unable to go shopping and bring stuff back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    that's soooo awesome. I wonder if they had any good brands though, or just tons of depends esque costa rican diapers.
    It looked like a lot of Depends-esque, but it still would've been awesome. I didn't look too hard tho. I didn't want my roommate (singer in my band) to be suspicious...

When i was in Portugal for a week in total we went to 3 different stores. Two "larger" ones (not compared to Tesco's etc) And a small corner shop. They all had drynites, and the two larger ones had Tena slip, just stacks of Nappies and looked like quite a lot of adult ones too. If only it was the same, then again I'd be very scared buying Adult ones in Tesco's.

Wish I were in Costa Rica now.