Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo reach Forge 2.0

Thumbs up Halo reach Forge 2.0

So as of a few days ago Bungie revealed what forge will become once Reach comes out. In a video they reveal that the map blood gulch (previously seen in this video) will be included as a map. On a separate occasion they said that they made forge so powerful that one of the maps in the game they made using forge. Well now they stopped beating around the bush and gave us a detailed video of what forge has become.
    Ladies and gentlemen, Forge 2.0

So, now that we finally know what to expect, what do you guys think? Personally, I can't wait. All I did in Halo 3 was forge and now they're making it so much easier. I will no longer have to use stupid tricks to get a wall into the ground or struggle to get a wall to stand up straight when making something on a hill. Because of this video I'll most likely Pre-Order Halo reach. I also noticed that at 1:49 they show the budget cap being at 10,000.

This is AMAZING! It's like they included a modding tool in the game.

Forge on Halo 3 was hell. I would literally spend hours trying to make all the blocks fit together so that there were no "mishaps" in the map.

I'm a Halo fan, which is why I bought it for PC last year (CE) and then go my 360 because of ODST. My fav. map on PC CE was Blood Gulch, and I was happy last week when they showed it. I will definitely be buying Reach.

Quote Originally Posted by jjwow2 View Post
    This is AMAZING! It's like they included a modding tool in the game.

Forge on Halo 3 was hell. I would literally spend hours trying to make all the blocks fit together so that there were no "mishaps" in the map.
    I know what you mean. Objects in Halo 3 forge tend to bounce apart and are rough around the edges, quite literally. Spawn two boxes next to each other without interlocking and when you pass over them there seems to be a massive bump that can completely throw off your aim when you go over it, even more so if you're using a sniper.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisusernamewontfi View Post
    I know what you mean. Objects in Halo 3 forge tend to bounce apart and are rough around the edges, quite literally. Spawn two boxes next to each other without interlocking and when you pass over them there seems to be a massive bump that can completely throw off your aim when you go over it, even more so if you're using a sniper.
    I was dissapointed when I saw there was no 'Snap' feature or something similar when I first got H3 ODST.

I has new Information! I was reading this when I saw someones question about Teleporters and vehicles it seems that vehicles can now go through teleporters. They also fixed the problem with connection host wile forging in a group. Everyone should see the map as it is, not just the host. And you can make death barriers. Objective items can be placed on objects such as the worthog.

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    I was dissapointed when I saw there was no 'Snap' feature or something similar when I first got H3 ODST.
    that never bothered me until I got spoiled with Garry's mod XD.

Also a funny quote

Quote Originally Posted by Cotton
    Imagine if you took all the acorns in the world. And put them into a big pile. I mean, a HUGE mountain pile. A squirrel walks by and is like, holy s@% that is Forge 2.0.

Also a funny quote
    That quote made my day! Is it yours? I might sig it.

That quote made my day! Is it yours? I might sig it.
    No, not mine. It's someone's over at Bungie.net named Cotton

No, not mine. It's someone's over at Bungie.net named Cotton
    Damnit. I'm not registered to that place though. If Reach has a better interface or even better, a snap feature (I haven't watched the vid yet), I would definitely consider pre-ordering it.

Damnit. I'm not registered to that place though. If Reach has a better interface or even better, a snap feature (I haven't watched the vid yet), I would definitely consider pre-ordering it.
    watch it, you wont be disappointed. Can you say sap positions down to the tenth degree?