Thread: New Tena Ultra thins

Default New Tena Ultra thins

I just saw a commercial for Tena's new product, an ultra thin pad for moderate bladder protection. So the commercial and the website claim, the pad uses a new technology, so that even though it's ultra thin (only 1/3 of an inch), it can still absorb a whopping 18x its weight. I wonder if this sort of technology might herald a new generation of thinner diapers as well? I sure hope not. But then I think there will always be a few cheaper brands who stuff their diapers full of wood pulp. Anyone tried these? I'm curious to see how they'd hold up as stuffers.

It already has. If you've been watching the baby diaper commercials, they all advertise thinner diapers. Public radio ran an article about a new material Proctor and Gamble is using. I believe we've already seen it used in adult disposable diapers. They see it as progress, but for those of us who use diapers for a different reason, we see it as the present distancing itself from our past.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    It already has. If you've been watching the baby diaper commercials, they all advertise thinner diapers. Public radio ran an article about a new material Proctor and Gamble is using. I believe we've already seen it used in adult disposable diapers. They see it as progress, but for those of us who use diapers for a different reason, we see it as the present distancing itself from our past.
    Yeap... That's why is sucks so much. soon we will find cloth that's simply cloth.... after that it's Pure AB diapers.... *sigh* It sucks. Well at least we know some people will always keep the thick disposables for us ya know?

I know they've been getting thinner -- that's a pretty evident trend in diaper evolution. But I'm wondering if this is a new technology that will lead to an even thinner sort of diaper.

Spearmint

at least there are SOME companies like bambinos who make diapers specifically for people like us, and there's always cloth if all else fails, even if it may not be practical to alot of us, it's still there.