Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Diapers don't crinkle after a while???

Default Diapers don't crinkle after a while???

Well this is about basically something I just thought of. It seems to me, like if you wear a diaper it gets "adjusted" to you after a while, and no longer crinkles. For me, for example, if I wear a abri-form, then sit for a bit, walk around, and sit again for another 10 minutes or so, it generally puts it in place and it doesn't make a sound again. Just wondering, does anyone else find this? Or am I just crazy and just getting used to the sound or something. LOL I hate the sound in public still. But ya, so it's something I've noticed for me, I do that and go to work, and I don't have to worry there. I did it with ATNs too...And they fit a lot better on me than abris seem to. My friend didn't even know I was wearing them. (and they're a DL and know about me). LOL.

Mine still crinkles after a while...so maybe your just getting used to the sound, or maybe its just that certain brand?

Darkfinn

I haven't noticed that any of them ever stop crinkleing...

maybe it's just you...

EmeraldsAndLime

Usually after sleeping in a diaper, I find that they are more crinkly. o_O

Error404

During the few times I do wear a diaper, they seemingly never stop crinkling, movement makes it worse!

Maybe you're just getting used to it. ^_^

You should try a pair of thick plastic pants over a plastic covered diaper, the crinkels are wonderful, but you need to address the fact that the tapes let go.

I use a small peice of duct tape to lock the tapes in place, maybe about 2" long, especially on the assurance those tapes let go all the time.

Now you have double crinkels that are very loud....

Error404

Quote Originally Posted by ballucanb View Post
    You should try a pair of thick plastic pants over a plastic covered diaper, the crinkels are wonderful, but you need to address the fact that the tapes let go.

I use a small peice of duct tape to lock the tapes in place, maybe about 2" long, especially on the assurance those tapes let go all the time.

Now you have double crinkels that are very loud....
    I think the idea of this thread is to NOT crinkle, due to privacy and wearing in public.

Doesn't it also make a difference on the type of material used as to whether it crinkles more or drowns it out? I've never had nor tried plastic pants, so I can't comment, though it's my believ that most of them are a plasti/rubber compound, so if they are more rubber than plastic, and the plastic is soft and laminated (To protect against wetness), I can't imagine there'd be much sound...Right? Probably wrong. XD

I think either you are getting used to it (sensory adaption = getting used to something after prolonged exposure...Like smelling something good, and after a while you don't even notice it)...Or maybe you just aren't paying attention to it as much, or the possible sitting on it for a while has compressed it some, which doesn't have it rubbing up against your pants as much

In my experience, several things affect the crinkle. This information is applicable to both pull-up and normal diapers. However, pull-ups have no adjustment and either are acceptable or not. The construction, tightness, and fit all play important roles. These factors change how much plastic moves around and crinkles. Any decrease in plastic movement will decrease the audible sound.

The construction of the diaper plays a modest role. Six tapes help to adjust the diaper to conform better. An elastic waistband holds the top portion in place. Quality tapes allow for good tension and keep the fit correct. The thickness of the plastic and/or cloth cover also changes the loudness. However, the other factors are more critical.

The tighter the diaper, the less the plastic can move. With that said, there is a point of diminishing returns. Once most of the plastic is under tension, the sound will be about as low as possible. Going beyond this point will marginally decrease the sound, but will quickly reduce comfort. The extreme will cause either the tapes to fail or the body to bruise. The tension needs to be in all directions. My method to check this is to look at the front panel. If it looks tight like a full sail, good to go. If it has waves like a flag in a gentle breeze, noise will be a problem. The side flaps past the tapes should be tucked into the diaper for more discretion.

The fit is important because it should hug the body naturally. The critical areas for fit is the leg opening and the waist height. If the leg opening is too short, excess plastic will ride below the hip joint and flex while walking. At the waist, the upper tapes should ride just above the hip bones. Below this point, the diaper will fall below the hip bone. This allows too much flex on the front portion. Tranquillity mediums do this to me, and are especially noisy when I wake up. The opposite is also true. Large attends classic are too tall on me and drop down to my hips. This is the only diaper that I was caught wearing.

In summary, several factors affect the noise of a diaper. Depend Underwear (adult pull-ups) fit too loose and create a lot of noise. Depend fitted briefs in medium is the loudest I have worn. However, their large size are very quite on me because the fit is so nice (still a horrible diaper, just quieter on me than most). The best thing one can do to get a quite diaper is to try a few brands and sizes and pay attention to these factors.

EDIT: The fit and snugness will change during wear which will change the sound level.

!!!Your experience will vary greatly from mine due to body size and shape!!!
    Last edited by Jeremiah; 12-May-2008 at 23:09.

Quote Originally Posted by Error404 View Post
    I think the idea of this thread is to NOT crinkle, due to privacy and wearing in public.

Doesn't it also make a difference on the type of material used as to whether it crinkles more or drowns it out? I've never had nor tried plastic pants, so I can't comment, though it's my believ that most of them are a plasti/rubber compound, so if they are more rubber than plastic, and the plastic is soft and laminated (To protect against wetness), I can't imagine there'd be much sound...Right? Probably wrong. XD

The plastic pants I have are very thick plastic and a little on the stiff side even when warm, and are very noisy, some people like the crinkel, like myself.

Nobody listens while your walking, unless you are in a very quiet room, it can't be heard, you notice it because you are listening for it.