Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gah... Remind me NEVER to go back THERE again!

Default Gah... Remind me NEVER to go back THERE again!

I am finally back from upstate and brooklyn... Let me tell you all what happennd.

Okay, so my dad and cousin convinced me to go upstate with them, to help a little with some of his desised grandmas things that had to be taken out of the house. (I got an awesome pair of armani shades! ) anyways... So first we had to stay in his TINY ass place in brooklyn. Then we left at 9 in the morning to go upstate. Then when we were up there, I had to do a bunch of work.

Eventually, we had to go to his storage shed in montaselo. When he did have to, He asked me (Scott, my cousin) if I wanted to go into the pool. (His Gma's house was in a complex) so I said yes. I take the card there to show them who I am, and they tell me I couldn't go in! And his Gma's house was locked, so I had to wait outside, with my astma, in the humid heat, waiting for them to get back!

Then we took 6 hours getting home cause of trafic, and instead of going home last night like I was PROMISED, we had to AGAIN spend the night at his tinay ass apartment, and I had to sleep on the tinyest fucking couch EVER, with like, a pillow made of rocks.
    Then he was being an asshole, telling me that my friends online that I haven't met, aren't my real friends!
    Like, fuck him man....
    So I'm not going back to brooklyn to his house, OR upstate again.
    Fuck that!

Anyways... so that's what happened. @_@

How far upstate did you go?

Also, I feel you shouldn't condemn a large part of the country for all time based on one bad trip with one person

There's some pretty cool stuff upstate. What did you go for? Not hunting I hope.

No offense, but I'd rather be where you were at than in Mexico sometimes. Down there, where my Gma and my Gdad were living (they live like in the middle of fucking nowhere, I swear), they had a small house, and the doors aren't really doors in today's standards. Thankfully, my Gdad has a shotgun in the shed, since there is literally BEAUTIFUL nature (lake, forest, other goodies of motha nature) behind his house, adn someone might want to break in. I slept in a bed that looks like something from Soviet Era Chernobyl home. Animals going in and out of the house, but guess what? My mom was living there her whole, young life. Amazing how she did it.

and here, I continued reading the story waiting for the part were you got robbed at gunpoint or something

I say look at the positives, be lucky that it didnt go to bad, as it can always be worse. Remember that you choose your friends, but you cant choose your relatives, so you just have to figure out ways to put up with them. To me, a not so fun trip is not a reason to never talk to them again. Just wait till you graduate high school and get a full time job, you will find out that work is just as fun as your trip upstate, and that you will need to do that everyday (unless you are really lucky and get a job you really enjoy!). It is all in the way you handle it, I try to just shut my brain off when I am in situations like that, and deal with it the best I can

I thought you were going to say that while cleaning out your grandmas stuff you found a pack of Depends. Oh well. Road trips with relatives are suppose to be hell. I've stayed at some motels that were absolute dives. It really makes you appreciate home.

I'm curious how far upstate you went as well because I'm in the capital region and it's pretty nice here. But most extended road trips with family do suck.

Sometimes the inner city can be an enriching experience. I have only been to Brooklyn and Queens once each in my life and it was a one day ordeal but I can say that the experiences were unique. Where is Monticello anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by JayJay518 View Post
    I'm curious how far upstate you went as well because I'm in the capital region and it's pretty nice here. But most extended road trips with family do suck.
    Oh my god, someone else in the capital region! I thought I was the only one!

Quote Originally Posted by Tauvix View Post
    Oh my god, someone else in the capital region! I thought I was the only one!
    It's definitely good to hear there's at least one member not that far away. I can't say I've met any other DL's around here lol.