Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Going to jump into cloth backed disposables, help me.

Default Going to jump into cloth backed disposables, help me.

Alright, I really want a good diaper that isn't like the ones they sell at CVS/Walgreens, since they sucked a lot. I have some criteria, and I'm hoping it'll meet at least two of them.

First, it must be cloth backed, and Velcro tabs!

Secondly, be able to hold a mess. It also has to have something to not make it smell.

Thirdly, it must not be super expensive, no $2.00 a diaper for me!

Lastly, I really don't like any color on a nappy other than white. Just had to throw that out there.

Yes, I've tried the search box, and I usually do much more research than this, but, I'm stumped and lost here. Please help out a TB/DL here!

Buy the attends extended wear. Dont by the abena ones they suck

Any other options?

---------- Post added 22-07-2010 at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was 20-07-2010 at 06:10 PM ----------

I don't really want to bump this thread unless it's for a reason, and I wish to ask...

Does TENa make any cloth backed ones? I saw a ad on craigslist for tena slips n my area and am wondering if I shouldget those or the cloth backed ones. Thanks in advance.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by jasonkid View Post
    Buy the attends extended wear. Dont by the abena ones they suck
    abena cloth backed?

---------- Post added at 06:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by carbonfiber View Post
    Any other options?

---------- Post added 22-07-2010 at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was 20-07-2010 at 06:10 PM ----------

I don't really want to bump this thread unless it's for a reason, and I wish to ask...

Does TENa make any cloth backed ones? I saw a ad on craigslist for tena slips n my area and am wondering if I shouldget those or the cloth backed ones. Thanks in advance.
    I'm pretty sure the tena slips are all plastic. I could be wrong, I've never tried them, but I doubt they are cloth backed.

Tena Supers are cloth backed but are a blue green. A big disappointment for me because they were pretty good otherwise and reasonably priced. I have very little use for a cloth covered diaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    Tena Supers are cloth backed but are a blue green. A big disappointment for me because they were pretty good otherwise and reasonably priced. I have very little use for a cloth covered diaper.
    Are they still good enough? I also need something slim and be able to wear in public, would that and the Slip be my only good options?

Are they still good enough? I also need something slim and be able to wear in public, would that and the Slip be my only good options?
    They were pretty good. Thicker than Depends and more generally absorbant. They don't have a leak guards which I was worried over but they don't seem very prone to leaks. I'd definitely buy more of them if they were the same item but with a plastic shell but I like to have a variety so take that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
    They were pretty good. Thicker than Depends and more generally absorbant. They don't have a leak guards which I was worried over but they don't seem very prone to leaks. I'd definitely buy more of them if they were the same item but with a plastic shell but I like to have a variety so take that as you will.
    Wait, what do you mean by "were pretty good"? Are they discontinued?

Butterfly Mage

The Attends "breathable" briefs aren't too bad. They are reasonably cool is summer and they hold more than the regular plastic-backed Attends. They cost about $1/ea.

Wait, what do you mean by "were pretty good"? Are they discontinued?
    I mean that when I used them (past tense) they were "pretty good". To my knowledge they are still available but who's to say what's certain in this world?