Thread: help

Default help

ineed help , my voice, it went out while i was on stage and now i need to get it back in one week otherwise i doomed any suggestions

Why are you doomed if you can't get it back? Because I'm not a doctor or voice coach, but I think your voice has to come back when it wants to. Trying to force your body to do something is generally a bad idea.

because they are auditions for a contest to be on power.98

Drink lot's of water. Stay away from milk.

And that's about all you can do.

chill forgot one other tip. SHUT UP!, just don't try to talk

Also try honey lemon tea (decaf)

There is also a spray called Clear Voice that can be picked up at many musical supply stores (sam ash, guitar center) or places that sell instruments.... It tastes horrible!! but I can say this, if you taste it, you did not use it right..... I open wide and spray clear to the back of my throat. It is susposed to lubricate the chords and heal them

DO NOT EVER use anything for a sore throat or cough drops. (sucrets, chlorseptic, etc) These will numb your vocal chords, making you think that it is fine, but since they are numb you cannot feel the damage that you are doing.

I have been a Karaoke Host for 8 years now, I have had my voice come and go, it is scary..... We were coming back from a DJ convention (lots of fog and haze in the exhibit hall) and my throat was so dry that when i took a drink it felt as if I could not breathe and was gasping for air.... Halfway home I had no voice at all, my lips moved, but nothing came out.... lots of water and that spray and by saturday i was better enough to at least talk.

DBBCub111

Quote Originally Posted by diapernh View Post
    chill forgot one other tip. SHUT UP!, just don't try to talk

Also try honey lemon tea (decaf)

There is also a spray called Clear Voice that can be picked up at many musical supply stores (sam ash, guitar center) or places that sell instruments.... It tastes horrible!! but I can say this, if you taste it, you did not use it right..... I open wide and spray clear to the back of my throat. It is susposed to lubricate the chords and heal them

DO NOT EVER use anything for a sore throat or cough drops. (sucrets, chlorseptic, etc) These will numb your vocal chords, making you think that it is fine, but since they are numb you cannot feel the damage that you are doing.

I have been a Karaoke Host for 8 years now, I have had my voice come and go, it is scary..... We were coming back from a DJ convention (lots of fog and haze in the exhibit hall) and my throat was so dry that when i took a drink it felt as if I could not breathe and was gasping for air.... Halfway home I had no voice at all, my lips moved, but nothing came out.... lots of water and that spray and by saturday i was better enough to at least talk.
    I think your actually suposed to try talking to kinda exercise your voice.

Hot water with honey and lemon soothes the throat as well. I swear by it when I get my numerous throat infections every year!

Good luck, hope you get your voice back before the auditions!

If you are a vocalist and your voice is gone you need to go on a vocal rest and say nothing for a couple days. there is a girl in choir who sings a lot and her voice goes out too. Im not sure what to do if you just do acting and no singing though, sorry