Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What brand would you suggest?

Default What brand would you suggest?

Suggestions I was planning on going to a pharmacy, and I might get adult diapers, so what would you suggest if I just wanted to wear them? I prefer thick ones, by the way. And I'm a 32 waist.

Well what pharmacy are you going to? If it's Rite Aid or CVS, there isn't that much of a selection...At least not at the ones here...They have Depends, CVS brand, and Tena...I don't know what's the point in wearing diapers if you aren't going to use them though...The thickest will most likely be the most absorbant ones

EmeraldsAndLime

32 waist... well at least we've established you'd be a medium.

Just don't buy depends, go to wal mart and get some assurance, there
    cheap, about 9 bucks for 20. And get a pack of tena guards, they come in different absorbancys, look on the side of the pack and get the ones with the greatest absorbancy.

The guards come in different size packages, just buy what you can afford the more in the pack the cheaper they are per unit.

When you use the guards put them as far to the front as you can, because when you sit you don't want to put alot of pressuere on them they will case the diaper to flood when you sit, if there too far back.

Make sure you poke alot of holes in the back of the guard so it will drain into the diaper, this is a good combination, I use it myself, if you add more guards it really dosent help, one will be good.

And the assurance is plastic backed a decent cheap diaper with lousy tapes, so use duct tape over the tapes just a small peice will do.

if this is a first buy for you, get some depends and maybe some baby diapers as a booster if you feel really brave enough, but thats an option. I think that every first time diaper wearer should try the depends overnights just as a benchmark. After that you should explore other brands and combinations of them too (double diapering, baby diaper boosters, pull-ons + diaper, etc.) The above mention about the Wal-Mart one is one of those combinations, but each diaper wearer has their own preferences but they can be made to go along with yours. Trust me, once you have tried on Depends, you'll look back every once in a while to them and just say, "wow.....those things sucked."

Quote Originally Posted by TallestBabyEver View Post
    if this is a first buy for you, get some depends and maybe some baby diapers as a booster if you feel really brave enough, but thats an option. I think that every first time diaper wearer should try the depends overnights just as a benchmark. After that you should explore other brands and combinations of them too (double diapering, baby diaper boosters, pull-ons + diaper, etc.) The above mention about the Wal-Mart one is one of those combinations, but each diaper wearer has their own preferences but they can be made to go along with yours. Trust me, once you have tried on Depends, you'll look back every once in a while to them and just say, "wow.....those things sucked."
    Ya, so why would you want them first. Don't bother with them is my opinion. They're one of the most expensive store brands there is, and they're literally the worst brand available. I would take the first advice and get some assurance or something...A lot of people seem to like them...I've never tried them myelf though. I'm kind of spoiled so I'd say get something really nice like abenas or Molicare, but if you only have a small selection, generally from what I see, Tena is the best of the store options. If you get the briefs at highest absorbancy, you should be fine.

Yes, I agree, don't get Depends. I myself have never used them due to cost and the many replies I've seen people saying that they suck. If you're not going to wet them, I would recommend just getting Goodnites. They're not very thick but they're comfy, they've got prints, and they're great for a first time. If you want something with thickness, just try the ones that Ballucan and TallestBabyEver suggested. Have fun

Try Assurence, i wear those and they're great! just alone i think they absorb wondefully. With a Depends pull up as a booster it is super!

Quote Originally Posted by diaperedteenager View Post
    Try Assurence, i wear those and they're great! just alone i think they absorb wondefully. With a Depends pull up as a booster it is super!

Try a microfiber hand towel or two in your assurance, it dose it make a difference, I fold two of them just so it fits inside the leak guards, and use duct tape to hold the tapes in place, I can get most of the afternoon with alot of wetting out of them....

Quote Originally Posted by BabyKat View Post
    Ya, so why would you want them first. Don't bother with them is my opinion. They're one of the most expensive store brands there is, and they're literally the worst brand available. I would take the first advice and get some assurance or something...A lot of people seem to like them...I've never tried them myelf though. I'm kind of spoiled so I'd say get something really nice like abenas or Molicare, but if you only have a small selection, generally from what I see, Tena is the best of the store options. If you get the briefs at highest absorbancy, you should be fine.
    Well i say just get the depends over with now so you can complain about them all you want. Besides, one way or the other you're going to end up using em just because they're readily available in almost every pharmacy out there. Again, experiment with combinations, that what i always do and most of the time i get very good results