Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thanks Bambino!!! Trouble With Putting On Diapers?

Default Thanks Bambino!!! Trouble With Putting On Diapers?

I was always disappointed the way adult diapers fit me. No matter how I tried I could not figure out what I was doing wrong when I put them on. They were always too high in the front and they would fall off all the time. If I had my sweat pants on over them I'd have to walk around holding them up, or else they would fall off. When I put my jeans on I had to put the back of the diaper under my belt so they wouldn't sink down into my crotch.

Then last week I ordered a sample pack of Bambino Biancos. When I went to put one on I noticed that it had a landing zone for the tapes, and it forced me to put the bottom tapes much higher than I ever did before. Well, the diaper fit perfectly. It had little extra fabric up front, and it wouldn't fall off. I was delighted, so I thought I'd try the same thing with one of my Abena X-Plus diapers. And hey! It worked! They fit perfectly like never before.

It took Bambino to teach me how to put on a diaper. I loved the Bambinos for other reasons too, but now, this baby is sooooooooo happy. I just thought I'd share that with all of you. I guess the general question are? what kind of trouble have you had putting on diapers? And: How did you solve the dilemma?

Any discussion?

just trial and error. i ruined many diapers getting them on right, and i still dont get them sometimes! also, some just wont fit no matter what you do. like i dont have a big butt, so it shouldnt be to much to ask to get the diaper to go around the bottom of my butt without having a mile of diaper up the front. (im looking at you every diaper but depends)

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    just trial and error. i ruined many diapers getting them on right, and i still dont get them sometimes! also, some just wont fit no matter what you do. like i dont have a big butt, so it shouldnt be to much to ask to get the diaper to go around the bottom of my butt without having a mile of diaper up the front. (im looking at you every diaper but depends)
    So are you saying that Depends fits better than other diapers? not criticizing, just wondering. Haven't tried any yet myself...

i love the way that depends fit. i know they arent as absorbant as most, but they have the right distance between the front and back for me, and they come up quite a ways, also, they have the best waistband front and back EVER

It probably took me about 10-15 diapers before I finally figured out how place the tapes and what position to have my legs in while doing so before I got good at taping diapers such that felt snug and wouldn't leak.

You wouldn't think that it would be so hard to correctly put on a diaper, but like a lot of things in life, it takes some trial and error and practice to get it consistently right.

I like Bambinos on principle, but I absolutely hate the fit. Based on my waist and hips, I should be a size Medium, albeit at the bigger end of medium. But, I have larger legs because I'm a cyclist, and because of my legs, I cannot get a Medium Bambino to fit around the legs. I wind up having to use a large with them, which is a bit too big, so I wind up leaking as a result. The ABUniverse Cushies have the same problem. Abenas and Dry 24/7 Mediums fit me fine.

Spearmint

My first depend leaked HORRIBLY, and I had to use another one to hold it up, and even that didn't stop the leaking. I was extremely disappointed, and it cemented me in my decision to get bambinos (originally, that is, now there are plenty of reasons that I need to get bambinos, before the summer ends but after vacation, and most of them going way beyond the quality of depends.) After a couple of times of taping them, I have improved to where I can now do it almost perfectly. The thing is, they're pretty big on me, so I have to tape it really tight.

I hated everything about depends. Abosbency, fit, tapes, etc. you name it i hated it. The waistband is really low in the front but too high in the back. It's just thin plastic covering on the back waistband, nothing actually there to keep the urine from leaking out. The waistband in the front fell down past my stomach even if it was on snug. Very uncomfortable.

I tried the 'provider's choice' ones and they're awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by babyemo View Post
    i love the way that depends fit. i know they arent as absorbant as most, but they have the right distance between the front and back for me, and they come up quite a ways, also, they have the best waistband front and back EVER
    I also like the way Depends fit. The waistband is pretty good to. Too bad everything else about them sucks, especially the price!

I personally can't see it being that difficult just to know how to properly fit a diaper at least so that it won't fall off.

No Offense.