Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sorry for beating a dead horse... abena

Default sorry for beating a dead horse... abena

Sorry to beat a dead horse and bring up the whole Abena tapes thing again, but I've got a new twist to the tape problem!

I bought a case of Abena Delta Forms and the last two bags have had reliable tapes - I'd tape the diaper up and they'd hold. I rubbed the tape for a few seconds after application to fuse it better and this worked well. However on bag number 3 the tapes, or rather the right hand side upper tape, sticks but then unsticks after 1 - 2 minutes.

I don't use creams, powder, lotion etc and my hands are dry and free of any contaminants.

The other three are perfectly okay and it's just bag 3 out of 4 that has the problem. When I get onto bag 4 I'll update if anything changes. Bags 1 and 2 were fine - I thought they had the problem sorted.

I'm wondering if anyone else has found this - one tape always fails in a bag out of a case and yet the other bags before were fine and had all tapes working reliably?

---------- Post added at 07:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

PS: I did use the search function but didn't find anything that suited my question about the 1 tape failure and the 30 other diapers that were okay :P

I prefer Abena diapers and have come to not trust their tapes at all. I apply 1" wide waterproof adhesive tape, the medical J&J firstaid tape, over the Abena tapes. I remove it carefully when I change so I can re-use it: it's expensive. It's a pain in the butt. I want to wear/use Abena's so I put up with it.
    I don't understand why they can't fix that problem. I'm a quality management professional and would devote myself to the issue, were I employed by them. If other diapers can have tapes that work, so can Abena.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by PFD View Post
    I prefer Abena diapers and have come to not trust their tapes at all. I apply 1" wide waterproof adhesive tape, the medical J&J firstaid tape, over the Abena tapes. I remove it carefully when I change so I can re-use it: it's expensive. It's a pain in the butt. I want to wear/use Abena's so I put up with it.
    I don't understand why they can't fix that problem. I'm a quality management professional and would devote myself to the issue, were I employed by them. If other diapers can have tapes that work, so can Abena.
    I have to say, they need to fix this. I don't use Abena, but it sounds like a huge problem to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheetaluver View Post
    I have to say, they need to fix this. I don't use Abena, but it sounds like a huge problem to me.
    I only worn their plastic backed X-plus diapers, but I never had a problem with tapes on Abena. However, if you do use the tapes on the side flaps you better be ready to stay in it for a while sine if you untape it, you'll never get it to tape on good again. Plus pulling them off and on like a pull-up stretches out the waist, like it would do with any diaper, thus after a while not providing a good "seal".

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    I only worn their plastic backed X-plus diapers, but I never had a problem with tapes on Abena. However, if you do use the tapes on the side flaps you better be ready to stay in it for a while sine if you untape it, you'll never get it to tape on good again. Plus pulling them off and on like a pull-up stretches out the waist, like it would do with any diaper, thus after a while not providing a good "seal".
    I'm gonna order some bambino's, and thats all I plan on using, but it seems that if the tapes aren't staying on right after putting on the diaper, and multiple people are having this problem, then it's something abena needs to look into, especially if it's only certain packs of diapers, because if most of them work right, we know its not someone trying to squeeze into a smaller size (not trying to be offensive, just saying).

I found them very unreliable when I tried them before but I have been assured by several Abena fans that it is no longer a problem. Even if their taping system worked perfectly within its limitations, it's not amazing, but having them randomly pop is just too irritating for me. I don't consider using packing tape to be an acceptable solution for a premium product. I didn't find them as good as Secure X-Plus/Bambino even discounting that so it's hard to get worked up enough to give them yet another chance to irritate me.

I like the Abenas because they're plastic and thick, but it seems they have tape problems. I wonder if Abena know - if they supply to the care/medical field then they must get some feedback from them as well as from stockists who get any complaints. It's a bit of a pain but I really like them because of plastic and thickness. I suppose there's always gaffer tape :P

Does anyone here use Tendercare/Tender disposable nappies as I read in another thread there is an offer of 90 nappies at 30 or so? If so, what are their tapes like, are they plastic backed, thickness etc as I checked the WIKI for a a review but I didn't see one there.

I'm beginning to think twice about re-ordering Abena - which incidentally I have a question about but I'll post that in another thread to avoid hijacking this one :P

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

I had tape problems before; last year sometime - and plastic ripping at the back! but I too was told by an abena wearer that the tapes were sorted. I thought they were - until last nite lol. It picked its moment too - I was comfy and snug as a bug in a rug in bed when it did it *crys* and I had to get up and put gaffer tape on it to hold it on as I was too tired to take it off.

*Steps off orange box* :P

I LOVED the X-plus and like the M-4s that replaced them and never had a tape issue that wasn't due to me not prperly smoothing the landing spot. The tapes on any diaper don't stick to wrinkles too well.

Abenas, at least the plastic-backed X-Plus, are a total crapshoot (no pun intended ;p) as far as quality. My boyfriend and I quit ordering them because the last couple of cases we had bought not only had bad tapes that would randomly pop off like in the old days, but they also leaked THROUGH the plastic. I was wearing one, at work, wearing khaki pants, when all the sudden my legs felt wet. I looked down, and I looked like I had just wet myself and was not wearing a diaper, even though I was wearing an Abena X-Plus! They literally weep through the plastic like the plastic had thousands of little pinholes in it. Once I figured it out, I wore plastic pants over them all the time, which kept everything under control, but the whole point of a disposable is that I'm not supposed to need plastic pants or anything else!

if you have problems with them, I am told that if you bought them from XP medical, that they will take care of the issues