Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello, Nice to Meet You All.

Smile Hello, Nice to Meet You All.

Hi, I'm not exactly sure what to say, so I'll start off with "Nice to Meet You All".
    I've been browsing this site for a while, and was... well shocked at what I found. Everyone here seems really nice, so I thought I'd say hello. About me? Well I'm shy, and not really comfortable sharing personal imformation with people I don't know. BUT I'm trying to overcome that, thus here I am. Don't get me wrong, I have no intention of pouring my heart out by any means, I just thought it would be healthy to get to know some people of the same mindset as myself. So, nice to meet you all, I'm D!
    P.S. I've read all the rules, ect, but if anyone notices any form of etiquite or "forum conduct" (as to which I have NO IDEA) that I've violated, please let me know!

Welcome to the site

What was the shocking bit? Was it that we seemed nice or was it the marshmallow thread? Regardless, I hope you'll like it here. Maybe when you get a little more comfortable, you'll be willing to share some more. We don't need your name and address but some of your other interests wouldn't hurt.

Hi, and nice to meet you guys!
    The shocking part was just to find a site like this, it just never occured to me there would be an entire community the size of one here. Sorry if I made it sound like a bad thing, I just never expected to find a site like this. =)
    I also like video games, I play PC FPS and RPGs mostly. I'm also into the Sword of Truth book series.
    By the way, whats a marshmellow thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    Hi, and nice to meet you guys!
    The shocking part was just to find a site like this, it just never occured to me there would be an entire community the size of one here. Sorry if I made it sound like a bad thing, I just never expected to find a site like this. =)
    I also like video games, I play PC FPS and RPGs mostly. I'm also into the Sword of Truth book series.
    By the way, whats a marshmellow thread?
    Don't worry about it, that is a bit surprising if you're not expecting it. Obviously there are lots more of us than are members of this site but we think we get the best people

Regarding the marshmallow thread, I've probably already said too much. I think I'll let you find that for yourself if you've a mind to.

Well, my curiosity got the best of me, and I ended up finding the thread without much trouble. Very interesting, to say the least, I've never heard of anything like that.

By the way, I uploaded a picture for my profile, but it doesn't seem to be showing. Is that because I don't have a "regular" account yet? Or do updated profile pictures just not reflect on old posts? (This post should resolve that.)
    EDIT: Problem solved, I was confusing "profile picture" and "avatar".

>.<
    Last edited by Trevor; 14-Jul-2010 at 14:44. Reason: merging posts

Quote Originally Posted by Descolada View Post
    EDIT: Problem solved, I was confusing "profile picture" and "avatar".

>.<
    Don't worry about it.

HI nice to meet you !
    Welcome to ADISC !
    if you have any questions feel free to ask

Cool

Thanks, nice to meet you two. By the way, how did you do that hide/show spoiler button?

Hello,
    I'm Xander I love movies, video games and of course diapers!

Nice to have you on the site!