Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Get rid of it

Default Get rid of it

Has anyone ever tried to get rid of their fetish?

yeah, it worked. untill one night damn i felt sick to my stomach i was "Free" for like 2 years :/ but i <3 this "fetish" (i dont like that word :/)

I don't know that it's something you can get rid of. Some people out grow it, and some people suppress it. I find that during the summer when I'm out riding my bike every day, I have less desire. I'm guessing it's the serotonin. For most of us however, it will always be there.

I've tried getting rid of it before. While I can temporarily get rid of this fetish it'll always eventually come back to me.

I've heard of people attempting to do it but no one has ever succeeded to my knowledge, from what I have heard attempting to get rid of it has ruined some people's lives. You can definitely surpress it for a while but it seems to always come back. I have never tried to do so myself as I embrace this side of me but like everyone the desire gets weaker every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexii View Post
    yeah, it worked. untill one night damn i felt sick to my stomach i was "Free" for like 2 years :/ but i <3 this "fetish" (i dont like that word :/)
    what kind of fetish are we speaking of? if you don't mind me asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Lexii View Post
    yeah, it worked. untill one night damn i felt sick to my stomach i was "Free" for like 2 years :/ but i <3 this "hobby" (i dont like that word :/)
    Fixed.

For me, I've pretty much embraced it and made the most fun I could out of the whole diaper thing.

Quote Originally Posted by pajamakitten53 View Post
    I've heard of people attempting to do it but no one has ever succeeded to my knowledge.
    Ah, and see, this is one of the problems we run into in trying to assess the feasibility of "quitting" a fetish, for want of a better word: we've never heard of anyone succeeding, and so we conclude that no one has succeeded. However, if someone had succeeded, we probably wouldn't see hide nor tail of him -- he'd leave the community and never come back for fear of getting sucked back into it. So the fact that no one seems to know anyone who's stopped really isn't the best of evidence.

In fact, supposing someone did succeed in ceasing all ABDL related behavior, he'd probably try to blend in with the rest of the world, put the fetish and the whole ABDL community behind him, and move on. As such, it would prove exceedingly difficult to track him down. What's more, the majority of people who we will see talking about there experiences of "quitting" in the community will be those who have failed. So at the end of it, even though it appears that "quitting" is just an old wives' tale, it might not be that simple.

Notwithstanding, I would wager that it's possible, but exceedingly difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    However, if someone had succeeded, we probably wouldn't see hide nor tail of him -- he'd leave the community and never come back for fear of getting sucked back into it. So the fact that no one seems to know anyone who's stopped really isn't the best of evidence.
    I agree. Thinking back to my younger years before the internet when I was a TDL; I thought I was alone, crazy and perverted. Some sense in me told me that there absolutley had to be other's like me in the world. When I found out that there were, I was the happiest I'd ever been. With that in mind, I now also have to believe that it's possible that there are people who have quit this fetish and never looked back...I too doubt that we would ever hear from them.

I've accepted this fetish as part of who I am and wouldn't try to get rid of it, but I'm sure that someone out there has probably done it.

-Gus

I embrace this part of me.to tried to get rid of this fetish as you wood call it. wood be like geting rid of a port of who i am.