Thread: Happy Birthday to Dio.

Olivia

Default Happy Birthday to Dio.

If you haven't noticed Ronnie James Dio one of the men who helped metal become what it is today, died 2 months ago of stomach cancer, at the age f 67. He would of been 68 today.

So raise the horns for the man once more.

Anyways whats your Favorite Album from Dio?(Sabbath years,Rainbow, Dio, Heaven and Hell, etc, etc.)

I have 2 Favorites, The Mob Rules and Holy Diver.

Or not? He's dead. His time is done. Celebrating people's birthdays after they die seems kind of ridiculous.

I mean we do it to 2Pac, but I really don't care about it that much. I guess Dio would probably be the hip hop equivalent of a J Dilla. I don't even know anything about metal but will still give a prayer to the memory of Dio and his surviving family members.

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by tk7432 View Post
    I mean we do it to 2Pac, but I really don't care about it that much. I guess Dio would probably be the hip hop equivalent of a J Dilla. I don't even know anything about metal but will still give a prayer to the memory of Dio and his surviving family members.
    I wouldn't say the equivalent so much as maybe a god which is what Dio actually means in italian.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Or not? He's dead. His time is done. Celebrating people's birthdays after they die seems kind of ridiculous.
    There is a such thing as celebrating an artist even AFTER Death. I know you don't listen to music as your life is boring and all that but please,
    Zephy, quit being such an asshole for once in your life, theirs a such thing as celebrating an artist even AFTER death, look at Michael Jackson people still celebrate him and he's dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yoh View Post
    There is a such thing as celebrating an artist even AFTER Death. I know you don't listen to music as your life is boring and all that but please,
    Zephy, quit being such an asshole for once in your life, theirs a such thing as celebrating an artist even AFTER death, look at Michael Jackson people still celebrate him and he's dead.
    I DO listen to his music, for the record. People are dead, what is the point to "honouring" their births after they are dead? When you really think about it, all he did was make fancy noise. If we honoured everyone who, by that definition, deserves honouring on their birthday then that's all we'd ever do and nothing would get done. I've been telling people to get over MJ pretty much since I found out he died. In 50 years no one will be listening to it anyway, so it can't have been THAT great. You know who's birthday we should celebrate? That guy who invented the wheel.

Olivia

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I DO listen to his music, for the record. People are dead, what is the point to "honouring" their births after they are dead? When you really think about it, all he did was make fancy noise. If we honoured everyone who, by that definition, deserves honouring on their birthday then that's all we'd ever do and nothing would get done. I've been telling people to get over MJ pretty much since I found out he died. In 50 years no one will be listening to it anyway, so it can't have been THAT great. You know who's birthday we should celebrate? That guy who invented the wheel.
    In 50 years? Is that why Bands like Black Sabbath, or Led Zeppelin still get heavy airplay? Even though their over 50 years old? Did it occur to you that 50 years from now people will in fact listen to it still.

In 50 years? Is that why Bands like Black Sabbath, or Led Zeppelin still get heavy airplay? Even though their over 50 years old? Did it occur to you that 50 years from now people will in fact listen to it still.
    I don't know what you consider "heavy" airplay, but they get played on the radio only a few times a year. Not enough for me to say that it's "still played".

Actually both bands were formed in '68 making them 42 years old. I don't think they get heavy airplay but are still popular and considered very influential and will continue to be so in the future and MJ will be the same, along with The Beatles, Elvis, The Rolling Stones etc. His birthday should be used as a celebration of his life and work rather than just because he'd be 68 today.

And to answer your question Holy Diver is my favourite, the vocals are practically perfect.