Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sports

Default Sports

What sports do you play and/or watch? And what are your favorite teams in that sport?

I play baseball and also run.

I watch baseball and football...padres and tigers in baseball and chargers for football

I play football and sometimes basketball and hockey at work.

My teams are:
    American Football: Washington Redskins
    Baseball: New York Yankees
    Basketball: San Antonio Spurs
    kinda Hockey: Washington Capitals

BernardFx

What sports do you play and/or watch? And what are your favorite teams in that sport?

I play baseball and also run.

I watch baseball and football...padres and tigers in baseball and chargers for football
    Judging from Padres and Chargers... are you from San Diego? If so, cool, because I'm also into those two teams (I'm from 'Diego!). I couldn't belive this season the Charges didn't make it to the Super Bowl! Anyway, I play baseball (in a league) and football and basketball (unoficially).

I sometimes watch baseall, and I watch the full season of football. Also into poker:P

I am a Redskins fan (yea you guys beat us in Week 17 but it did give us the 4th overall pick!!!). I did think it was quite disappointing that you guys were 13-3 and had a really long win streak and just got knocked out by Nate Kaeding and the New York Jets. I know this is the third time that Kaeding (now the most accurate kicker in NFL history) can't perform in the playoffs. Well the Chargers can still be a contending team but I am predicting the Jets to win the AFC East at least.

I played then ref (Association) Football for a few years until quitting that two years ago. I also did Running and Swimming in High School, and then joined a Fencing club at University. As for watching, well, I have uncharacteristic viewing habits. Lets just say that Biathlon is probably my favorite TV (well, I follow it online, its kinda hard to find Biathlon on Canadian TV) sport.

But ya, I'm a major sports geek. Just not a *mainstream* sports geek...

I watch football, both college and NFL. As for playing, I played baseball. Up until a few years ago, I played adult league softball. Now I just ride my bike.

Cycling, I race on a team at the cat1/pro level. I am a climber and love stage races, the more climbing the better!
    My favorite cycling team, probably Garmin-Transitions

I watch some NFL, and that is it for sports, I would rather participate in the sport then watch it on TV

I love watching football (the proper game not the american variety) and support Manchester United, AFC Bournemouth and England. Love Formula 1 as well and support McClaren, I watch rugby as well but don't support anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by BernardFx View Post
    Judging from Padres and Chargers... are you from San Diego? If so, cool, because I'm also into those two teams (I'm from 'Diego!). I couldn't belive this season the Charges didn't make it to the Super Bowl! Anyway, I play baseball (in a league) and football and basketball (unoficially).

I sometimes watch baseall, and I watch the full season of football. Also into poker:P
    The Padres are looking good this year. We are up 2.0 games going into the break. Do you think we will add a bat or another SP (padres may want to protect their young pitchers arms)?

Possibilities:
    Jake Westbrook-SP
    Jeremy Guthrie-SP
    Jose Guillen-OF
    Cory Hart-OF
    Milton Bradley-OF
    Jermaine Dye-OF

Reaches (highly doubtful, but have been mentioned)
    Aaron Harang-SP
    David DeJesus-OF
    Adam Dunn-OF
    Matt Kemp-OF (dodgers could afford to lose him as they also have Manny Ramirez, Xavier Paul, reed Johnson, Andre ethier)
    Dan Uggla-IF
    Jorge Cantu-IF

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    Cycling, I race on a team at the cat1/pro level. I am a climber and love stage races, the more climbing the better!
    My favorite cycling team, probably Garmin-Transitions
    Ah, I actually have been supporting Garmin the last three years I've been watching the Tour de France, as they had the only Canadian last year and the year before (Hesjedal), and one of two this year. I was hoping to see Ryder in yellow tonight but it was not to be (hopefully he'll snag a stage).