Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: my girlfriend wants a playroom

Default my girlfriend wants a playroom

OK my girlfriend like to mack a play room out of a room in ur house we don't yows.I think it wood be a good room Thar is no windows and all I'm yow sing it for is string but i can pot that stuff in the grog.I look in the wiki and there is no tips on this topic so what I'm asking is do you know a good site or tips to mack like a crib changing table stuff like that and should I keep it in a lock in key or shod i put a padlock on it.I think it's a grat idea it wood mack roll playing a lote moor fun for us.

Please work on the grammar in your post before submitting it.

I tried to decipher what you said but too much of it is simply illegible.

If you are both want to make a play room then go for it. A lot of people have special rooms in their house for relaxation. However I am sure that relatives who come over to your house would be interested in taking a tour of it. If you are not very open about your *B/DL side I would advise caution when designing/decorating it.
    Last edited by kwisy; 05-Jul-2010 at 20:46.

Quote Originally Posted by kwis View Post
    Please work on the grammar in your post before submitting it.
    I do agree that some grammatical fixup should be done but we can't turn this post into another Grammar Nazi flamewar.

Have you tried google?

His grammar's already been commented on... a lot. And he said he's working on it in previous posts, so let's please get beyond that. Allow me to translate for all of you who are having difficulty:

OK my girlfriend wants to make a play room out of a room in our house that we don't use. I think it would be a good room -- there are no windows and all I'm using it for is storage, but I can put that stuff in the garage. I looked in the wiki and there are no tips on this topic, so what I'm asking is: do you know a good site or tips to make a crib or changing table or anything like that? Also, should I keep it under lock in key or should I put a padlock on it? I think it's a great idea, as it would make role playing much more fun for us.

My answer:
    There are a couple of places online that sell AB furniture (google it) but it will definitely be on the more expensive side. You could try buying furniture that looks like/functions the same as baby furniture, like a day bed, or an office table that kind of looks like a changing table. You could buy some paint and other supplies and make it look more like decent AB furniture. But if you're into that sort of thing (I'm not) I could see it being a very a rewarding project. As far as locking it goes, there are two things to consider:
    1) Locking it will keep people from randomly stumbling into it.
    2) Locking it will make it suspicious. People may ask you "What are you keeping behind this door that you've locked it??" so be prepared for a good excuse.

Good luck with it, though, and let us know how it turns out. Pictures of the finished space would surely be welcomed
    Last edited by ManicMunchkin; 05-Jul-2010 at 20:49. Reason: changed "string" to "storage" after reading gaasha's post

Quote Originally Posted by matt1989 View Post
    Okay, my girlfriend wants me to make a playroom out of a room in our house we don't use. I think it would be a good room. There are no windows and all I'm using it for is string but I can put that stuff in the garage. I looked in the wiki and there were no tips on this topic so what I'm asking is do you know a good site or tips to make like a crib or changing table, stuff like that, and should I put a lock on it or should I put a padlock on it. I think it's a great idea. It would make roleplaying a lot more fun for us.
    Not sure if it is supposed to say "string", but can't think of anything else. How is my translation?

GaashaHuzzah

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Not sure if it is supposed to say "string", but can't think of anything else. How is my translation?
    Storing*

it's good and thank you zephiel.thank you slim for transliterating for me I'm working on my grammar and it's a slow process.
    tk7432 thank you to and yes I try google and I have not found what I'm looking for but I'm still looking. as for my excuse for keeping the room Lock I wood say I Mead the room my privet study that should be a good excuse

I know AB furniture is expensive, so maybe getting a single sized bed with a toddler rail and childish bedding. You can get an adult sized changing pad, or some plastic covered padded foam at a craft store, and get a cheap desk at a Goodwill and put the padded plastic foam pad on top of it. Then put a shelf underneath for diapers and supplies.

If someone were to come over you could take the toddler rails off the bed, take off the childish bedding, and remove all the changing supplies and the pad. Then the room could be used for a guest.

Olivia

I wouldn't recommend doing it, if you don't have that much money as materials alone can cost a lot, plus the furniture.

But still just go with an extra room in your house like others do, it's much cheaper and more efficient.

And nice to see your trying to fix your grammar, I read a few pieces that I could understand but it's defintley an improvement, good job.

Error404

Strange that, my girlfriend wants to exist.