Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: I Resigned My Ordination.

  1. #1

    Default I Resigned My Ordination.

    Since joining ADISC, I have been sharing that I was an ordained minister, which I was. I was ordained on November 22nd 2009 in a new age type church called "Pathways of Light" after an 18 month study period. But after a lot of soul searching I came to the realization that I could not accept their methods and their practices, so I decided to resign and did so on June 16 2010.

    I do not wish to misrepresent myself on this website, but I don't know how to undo my former identification as "ordained minister" and I can only hope that this thread will begin to repair the problem. I want to continue to participate here on ADISC with a clear conscience. If anyone has suggestions as to how I can further clarify the change for the community, or if you have any comments, please leave them for me here.

    I am not an atheist and I still work as a counselor. But I no longer have the privileges that an ordained minister has like the legal authority to conduct marriage ceremonies. Sometimes things have to change. My decision to resign was a personal one although I will leave a general warning about "Pathways of Light," and organizations like it...stay away!! They will fuck your mind and take your money. Yeah you can be legally ordained - but it comes at a high price! I got mixed up because I was looking for certainty in an uncertain world. It is better to accept uncertainty.

    Disregard the following quotation from ACIM as I have renounced this Text. No one can teach only love, this is an impossible ideal. And you are not defined in a word... Niether "Love" nor any other utterance can describe what you really are. So this quotation is patently false. I apologize for choosing it.

  2. #2
    EmeraldsAndLime

    Default

    If it's any consolation, I'm not a real advice expert... but then again, I don't think anyone here cares *that* much!

  3. #3
    Butterfly Mage

    Default

    If you're still interested in doing weddings, funerals, etc. you can always get ordained through Universal Life Church. Universal Life Church / ULC Monastery | Get Ordained FREE
    There's no need to re-invent the wheel since you've already studied 18 months in another faith.

  4. #4

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly Mage View Post
    If you're still interested in doing weddings, funerals, etc. you can always get ordained through Universal Life Church. Universal Life Church / ULC Monastery | Get Ordained FREE
    There's no need to re-invent the wheel since you've already studied 18 months in another faith.
    and of vcourse theres places likethe uniting church, methodist churches etc etc. that is if you want to be part of those bigger churches.

  5. #5

  6. #6

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I do not wish to misrepresent myself on this website, but I don't know how to undo my former identification as "ordained minister" and I can only hope that this thread will begin to repair the problem. I want to continue to participate here on ADISC with a clear conscience. If anyone has suggestions as to how I can further clarify the change for the community, or if you have any comments, please leave them for me here.
    You could edit your profile via the "My Profile" link at the top-right of the screen, click the "About Me" tab, then the golden bar icon next to "Personal Space" and delete the bit about you being an ordained minister if you wanted.



    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    My decision to resign was a personal one although I will leave a general warning about "Pathways of Light," and organizations like it...stay away!! They will fuck your mind and take your money. Yeah you can be legally ordained - but it comes at a high price! I got mixed up because I was looking for certainty in an uncertain world. It is better to accept uncertainty.
    Congratulations on being brave enough to walk away from something you had invested a lot of time and effort (and money?) in. I hope that you have found a way to live with the uncertainty in the world. If so, your time in the church wasn't wasted... perhaps the church ended up teaching more than it intended.

    Good luck with your restored theological independence!

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    I got mixed up because I was looking for certainty in an uncertain world. It is better to accept uncertainty. Disregard the following quotation from ACIM as I have renounced this Text. No one can teach only love, this is an impossible ideal. And you are not defined in a word... Niether "Love" nor any other utterance can describe what you really are. So this quotation is patently false. I apologize for choosing it.
    Wow, well said. Uncertainty is a beautiful thing, ain't it? It reminds of my first signature: Scio me nescire, etsi sapere audeo. Loosely, I know that I do not know, yet I strive for wisdom. It's a bit of postmodern motto, defacing Kant's classic enlightenment motto, "Sapere aude," with Aristotle's famous claim of uncertainty, "Scio me nescire." I think the key is to remain hopeful, if not because we will arrive at truth one day, then at least because we will near it in haphazardly striving toward/around it. Best of luck to you now you're free from the institution.

  8. #8
    Truthfullies

    Default

    very interesting post,

    I respect your decision to resign your ordination due to your conscience. Nothing god would come from your being a minister in a setting like this one here were there are so many diaper fetishes and teen babies.

    Some knot head would probably try to associate you being a minister with some unrelated sex scandal using diapers and stuff..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.