Thread: And so it continues...

Default And so it continues...

A few years ago, I stumbled onto a site called TBDL. I never really posted there. And then Mooa technician accidentally destroyed the site. So it became ADISC, which I joined. I never really posted there either. Well, until late in 2008. I didn't post there much, yet somehow, here I am, almost 2 years later with 1000 posts. Don't ask me how that happened.

I had been planning to line up 70 threads and 1000 posts, and then the thread counter disappeared with the Adisc v4.0 update, and when it reappeared, it was at 96. I guess all those threads in Requests count now. So I decided to get an even nicer line up of 100 threads, 1k posts, and forgot I was trying to. *shrugs*. I can celebrate again in another two threads :P

So, I suppose the normal thing to do for these milestones is a re-intro. Feel free to skip it if you know me.

Things have changed a bit since last time so here we go:

I'm 17, Irish and starting my final year of school next year. After school, I'm probably going to be doing some computer course, with the aim of getting a job in programming in the future. I'm hugely interested in computers, and programming is my main hobby. Yes, I know, I'm a nerd. For those who care, my main language is now Python, followed by PHP. I used to list every language I've ever done at this point, but I'll skip it this time. Mostly I do web programming, although occasionally I do CLI programming, and very occasionally I do desktop GUI programming.

My interest in computers isn't limited to programming. I use Linux as my primary OS, and I built my own desktop earlier this year. I also do a bit of photography, and photo editing, and some web design, the last of which has earned me some money over the last while.

Apart from that, I'm also a big gamer. Mainly on PC, especially Steam and openTTD, but I also like a few 360 games, like GTA IV. I used to like COD, but mainly just play zombies mode on COD5 now.

Another interest of mine is listening to music. My favorite band is The Killers, and my previous username, Dreamaker, was based on a line from their song Spaceman. My current username, Hex is chosen for a few reasons:

1. It's short.
    2. Hex from Discworld, the magical computer that needs to run with FTB (Fluffy Teddy Bear) enabled.
    3. Hexadecimal notation, which shows up in programming a lot.

For some assorted random information, I'm an atheist, I'm kind of gay and asexual (Apparently the term for this is homoromantic asexual, which is a mouthful), and I also like reading novels.

That character who's been in my avatar for the last long while is Ingus from FF III, in a variety of classes.

And now onto the alleged topic of this site. I'm a TB mostly, slightly DL at times, but the DL side is more of an annoyance to the TB side mostly. Also, I swear adisc makes you weirder, because since joining I've also gotten into water sports and sissy stuff. Luckily, I've so far managed not to join the darkfurry side. Sorry, guys and girls.

Now to add some final (very late) bandwagoning to this thread, feel free to ask me stuff in this thread. If it's not too personal, I will answer.

Actually, sissy is the dark side. Furry is the fluffy side.

Hexadecimal shall always remind me of this:

360 is fun, I mostly only play Tales of Vesperia now, and I'm extremely angry they aren't releasing what I would call the "finished" version in North America, or even on the 360 at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    ...and we all know that you speak from experience with both.

You totally set yourself up for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    ...and we all know that you speak from experience with both.

You totally set yourself up for that one.
    NO! You are NOT derailing this thread with discussions of me. I'm going to be banned for being a meme if this keeps up. >_>

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post

Hexadecimal shall always remind me of this:

360 is fun, I mostly only play Tales of Vesperia now, and I'm extremely angry they aren't releasing what I would call the "finished" version in North America, or even on the 360 at all.
    Who is that supposed to be? :P

And I keep meaning to get Tales of Vesperia, it looks cool, but I haven't seen it for sale anywhere.

Do you plan on going into University, or do you plan on doing something else for programing courses?

(And Python as your main language? Trendy! I'll have to get around to learning that one sometime...).