Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wife

Default Wife

I was just wondering daoes anybodys sign. others know?

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    Are you talking about ASL?
    Their significant others, he means.

Harmonbros: Please use full words except for common abbreviation like TB, AB, or DL.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Their significant others, he means.

Harmonbros: Please use full words except for common abbreviation like TB, AB, or DL.
    Ahh, the way he was typing I thought he might be deaf.

Quote Originally Posted by Powderhair View Post
    Ahh, the way he was typing I thought he might be deaf.
    Wait... what? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Harmonbros View Post
    I was just wondering daoes anybodys sign. others know?
    Yep.

I like the easy questions. Next!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    Wait... what? O_o
    His typing looked like how my deaf friend types. He mixes up the arrangement of some words, and doesn't use correct verbs, or verb placement. And since this guy was asking about what I thought was signing, I was guessing he was deaf.

I think you're right Powderhair. I don't, but I have a friend who is deaf and she does. She has a cochlear implant and can actually hear to a fairly good degree. Unfortunately she lost her teaching job, which was teaching sign language at our junior high school as an elective, when the state cut our budget.

Quote Originally Posted by dogboy View Post
    I think you're right Powderhair. I don't, but I have a friend who is deaf and she does. She has a cochlear implant and can actually hear to a fairly good degree. Unfortunately she lost her teaching job, which was teaching sign language at our junior high school as an elective, when the state cut our budget.
    I would have loved to take a signing class, but my vision is pretty bad, so I have to be really, really close, and even then I still can't see. I did try to learn, but it wasn't happening.

I used to sign, but I don't anymore because I lost the skill after not using it for so long after being yanked out of the corrupt-ass hearing impaired unit I was in as a kid in the '80s. I grew up with sign language and it was my first language- not ASL, but signed English. I think that's what has made me a good reader, and a good analyst. That, and my Asperger's... lol

I can still sign the ABCs, but not much other than that. I wish like hell I had not lost the skill after being yanked out of the corrupt special ed unit I was in. Oh well... it happens. But being deaf in one ear and having only 40% in one, I handle myself well.

WildThing121675