Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Painkiller Addiction

Default Painkiller Addiction

I've been digging into painkillers about a year now, and its increasingly becoming a problem for me...at first it was one or two percs a day...then 2-4, now roughly 6 a day when I can get a hold of them...Im a pretty normal person, working full-time in the summer, earning a bachlors in english and history at a university, but I feel this addiction is catching up on me...just wondering if anyone else has had a pain killer addiction and if they could share thier experiences or how they overcame it.

-Steve

LilLillyKitten

Stop digging that hole immediately. o.o

I wish I could offer more, but I've never been addicted to painkillers... always stayed away from that stuff.

LilLillyKitten

I'm sure; one foot in front of the other...

Not to sound like an ignorant buffoon here but how exactly are painkillers addicting? Let me elaborate on that what kind of painkillers do you indulge in like OTC or powerful prescription kind like Hydrocodone? I can see why the perspiration kind are addicting but then again I've never really heard of such a thing.

LilLillyKitten

Oxycontin is a helluva drug.

Please tell me that it's not Oxy...

Sorry, I should have elaborated...Prescription Painkillers...such as Oxy Contin 40mg or 80mg, Percocets(Oxy-Codone). The euphoric effect the drug has on you is the high. After first when you start taking them, you get a sudden rush of happiness or confidence. Then slowly you need to take more to get that "euphic" feeling again...and after a while your just chasing the high...to the point where you feel you need them to feel normal because you've been on them for so long...It's hard to explain...

step one: facing your fear and agree with yourself you're getting/are addicted. <- check
    step two: go to your docter/health clinic and ask for help from somebody who can. Don't do anonymous groups, religious organisations and certainly not a AB/DL-forum. Let the medical pro's help you now that this thing is still under 'control'.

Its the opiates *Dunno how to spell* In them. Never liked the feeling ofem to much my self.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by Zowie19 View Post
    step one: facing your fear and agree with yourself you're getting/are addicted. <- check
    step two: go to your docter/health clinic and ask for help from somebody who can. Don't do anonymous groups, religious organisations and certainly not a AB/DL-forum. Let the medical pro's help you now that this thing is still under 'control'.
    Seriously, OxyContin is a powerful drug, and you need to get professional help.