Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plastic-backed store brand nappies

Default Plastic-backed store brand nappies

Hello,everyone,this is whiteresearcher. I have learned that some of the store-specific brands of nappies (or as I like to term them,'incontinence undergarments') are still plastic-backed just like standard brands were in the 1990s (please note that this only applies to 'value' brands such as Sainsbury's basics or Tesco Value!). Well,I bought some today (as my parents are away) and decided to try them on, however, due to my wide hips (which I need to cut down via hard exercise!) I needed sellotape to secure them. Has anyone else tried any 'value' store-brand nappies,might I ask?

Note: I will give my own recommendations about them in good time.....

thanks alot, it would be nice if you could tell us how well the hold up aswell. if they can hold alot i might buy some

though the last time I got store brand they were night time pullups from kroger, they were cloth back and do leak if your not careful.

Ikrit, I will reply to your post in due course; also, please remember this post in general covers brands found in United Kingdom supermarkets, not supermarkets in other nations..... I will tell you more tomorrow....

Quote Originally Posted by whiteresearcher View Post
    Ikrit, I will reply to your post in due course; also, please remember this post in general covers brands found in United Kingdom supermarkets, not supermarkets in other nations..... I will tell you more tomorrow....
    awww... didn't see you lived in the UK

Well, now you know,Ikrit.... as for your earlier post, the Sainsbury's Basics (Junior size) hold quite well....I will probably try out the ASDA Unisex and/or the Wilkinsons Family Value range tomorrow to see how they compare......

I see....well, they do not even come close to fitting me as my dieting regime has not had enough effect yet, and I tried the cloth-backed Wilkinsons cosy dry size 6 and they do not really stretch enough....in other words, I have wasted around 5.00. Blast and double blast!

i buy depends max from my local store and they're plastic backed.

i usually buy higher quality stuff, but i usually take them off when my parents get home, so i feel like i waste stuff with more absorbancy.

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by dakota#15 View Post
    i buy depends max from my local store and they're plastic backed.

i usually buy higher quality stuff, but i usually take them off when my parents get home, so i feel like i waste stuff with more absorbancy.
    I just bought the depends, and they leaked a little bit, so im going to try ordering some bambinos...

lol, the worst to the best.

i used to use ATN's ALOT i would order about 3 cases at a time and those were great, but when i'd sleep with one it would always leak because they dont have wastebands.

but i would put one on thinking my parents would be home in a couple hours but they'd come home like 30 mins later and i'd have to take it off