Thread: Ragnarok DS // MapleStory DS

Default Ragnarok DS // MapleStory DS

These are two MMORPGs that I really love. The two are said to be released in Korea in late-2008/first half of 2009. Neither of them are going to be MMO, which is really sad. Nintendo made a web browser, they can make a console MMO, and it would sell so much better.

Anyway, I'm rambling. There's not much more information on it. If you guys want to talk about these projects, or have anymore information, post it here. ^-^

Ragnarok Online DS
    MapleStory DS

MMO's on a portable system sames like a dumb idea to me. Why? Well its a PORTABLE system. MMO's should be confined to consoles and PC's. but thats my two cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire2box View Post
    MMO's on a portable system sames like a dumb idea to me. Why? Well its a PORTABLE system. MMO's should be confined to consoles and PC's. but thats my two cents.
    I actually think it would be great to play online like this on a handheld, it would be very practical and fun, not to mention simple, which isn't bad in my opinion.

But I doubt it would be possible to make it work without a horrible lag.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSunDS View Post
    I actually think it would be great to play online like this on a handheld, it would be very practical and fun, not to mention simple, which isn't bad in my opinion.

But I doubt it would be possible to make it work without a horrible lag.
    True. They said MapleStory DS is going to have "minimal online play", which probably isn't going to be anything impressive. Ragnarok DS didn't say how much will be online; they'll have at least live online chat, but it's definitely not an MMO.

Is Maple Story DS coming to the US or not? And why is it taking so long to be released in the first place?
    It's not like it has state of the art graphics.

They're both coming out in the US. *nod* They just started the project recently, and besides, it's a lot of work...all the planning, the graphics, along with the gameplay, avatar system, online features, among other things. ^^;

I heard about it sometime early-mid last year... though I guess I'm just impatient. Good to hear that it probably is coming to the US!

Ragnarok is definitely coming to the US. Maplestory I'm not so sure, but since it's so big over here, it most likely will as well.

I can't wait.