Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: BS stories that are actually real!

Cool BS stories that are actually real!

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    I have tons of true stories that I know people just wont believe, and will say "BS", so I just dont tell the stories.
    I know it is hard when you want to really share something with people here, but you first have to ask yourself "how believable is my story", even if you know it is 100% fact. Unfortantly, this is the only way people will trust you here, and accept you as a member of the community.
    Sorry to single you out Racer, but you made my point here.

I am making this thread for all of us who have stories that actually happened to us, but some naysayers will ever believe it is real.

This page has two rules:
    1- No calling out the BS, that is against all rules and if you break it, you will be cursed with fleas and no fingernails!

2-Your story must be true, we dont want anyone thinking you made this crap up

Make the story as long or short as you want.

So is this the Mohammad thread, then? You know, like immune to criticism?

Quote Originally Posted by yourhuggies View Post
    Sorry to single you out Racer, but you made my point here.
    no problem I actually worded that reply in a certain way to try to teach a social rule. The lesson was to try to get the OP to try and look at his stories from what other peoples perspectives might be, so even if it is 100% true, it might never look like a true story from other peoples perspectives. Then once the connection is made that this happens with others, and that they dont tell the stories, inorder to fit in, this unseen social role should be cemented (at least that was my thinking of it all)

I do have many stories that people probably wont believe, but they are also personal, and I wouldnt feel to comfortable sharing them out of context, because of the idea that some might find them sexually pleasurable. At times I will share a story if it relates to someones thread/topic, and I think it might be helpful to the person (or anyone).
    Last edited by racer; 29-Jun-2010 at 06:41.

Well guys, I have the magic ability to overrule any rules for discussion that the OP states. Hey, I wouldn't post it if it weren't true.

...nobody's calling BS? Good. I'm going to use my powers to overrule rule number 2. Now you can post anything you want and we can't call BS.

Hey, ADISC's rules against flaming no longer apply. Not even Moo himself can call BS? Good. The original poster is an evil malicious stupid evil meany-pants*.

Now I reinstitute all the rules I revoke, and state that I never actually had an special abilities to begin with, and also there is no internal contradiction here so stop thinking so hard about it. Nobody's calling BS? Sweet.

Well guys, I have the magic ability to overrule any rules for discussion that the OP states. Hey, I wouldn't post it if it weren't true.

...nobody's calling BS? Good. I'm going to use my powers to overrule rule number 2. Now you can post anything you want and we can't call BS.

Hey, ADISC's rules against flaming no longer apply. Not even Moo himself can call BS? Good. The original poster is an smelly silly 4-metric ton lobster buffalo who drives a Yugo**.

Now I reinstitute all the rules I revoked, and state that I never actually had an special abilities to begin with, and also there is no internal contradiction here so stop thinking so hard about it. Nobody's calling BS? Sweet.

Hey, ADISC's rules against flaming no longer apply. Not even Moo himself can call BS? Good. The original poster is actually an alternative account of Peachy and both his account and Peachy's should be banned immediately because I didn't revoke that part of the rules yet***.

Now I reinstitute all the rules I revoked, and state that I never actually had an special abilities to begin with, and also there is no internal contradiction here so stop thinking so hard about it. Nobody's calling BS? Sweet.

And thus, by using circular logic, I've gotten to flame the OP twice and make a wicked solid case for both him and Peachy to be banned****.

*actually, he's not anything these things and is probably quite pleasant to be around - I was just trying to make a point.
    **again, none of these are true. The OP is human (most-likely) and probably drives a perfectly nice car.
    ***I was originally just making this up, but now that I think about it, maybe he actually is Peachy. Heck, maybe I'm just an alternative account of Peachy too. Maybe we're all just alternate accounts of Peachy. Maybe Peachy is the computer overlord ruling the Matrix, and we are all his energy source. Maybe I'm just making this all up and I'm out of ideas to extend this line of thought.
    ****and recant my flames, in the interest of being super politically correct by the rules of ADISC,

Is my point sufficiently clear?

Elli

I'm very confused. I don't know where the sarcasm meets the real bits. Sure it makes sense to those it's for though.

I've been following the threads, but haven't had anything to contribute. But I'm thinking, sometimes, maybe, possibly, could it ever be asked, just slightly, that people might actually be a tad jealous of what they read and feel better believing it wasn't true. Jealousy is a tough feeling to have, it makes you unhappy with the situation you have and it makes you realise you haven't attained all you want. It's easier if the source of the feeling wasn't true.

That said, there are many other reasons to call a person out, sometimes because we are grossed out, worried about people involved in the situation or we just haven't given the 'benefit of the doubt' - we believe it's a lie and we're angry that someone has tried to trick us.

I've had one slightly unsure-whether-people-will-believe-it experience. My parents brought me two adult nappies home from a hospital when I was a curious child and they worked as nurses. I made a thread about this and people believed it. But I gave mundane details too, to show it's grounded. For example, my parents did the nappy up for me, but not while I was wearing it. They did it up in a lose way, so I could take it on and off, over the top of my clothes, for 'dressing up'.

Quote Originally Posted by NutFreeFruitcake View Post
    Well guys, I have the magic ability....................
    ......................****and recant my flames, in the interest of being super politically correct by the rules of ADISC,

Is my point sufficiently clear?
    reading that post made my head hurt (and I still didnt understand it )

Quote Originally Posted by racer View Post
    reading that post made my head hurt (and I still didnt understand it )
    same here =(

I completely understood it. Basically he was saying that he could take away any rule and no one could complain. Now that there are no rules he can say whatever because there are no rules. Once he's done, no one's complained. He says all the rules are back... and no one complains. This thread won't work because it will get flooded by the trolls who will post their "OMG my mom force diapered me and it made me so horny" since no one is allowed to call BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    I completely understood it. Basically he was saying that he could take away any rule and no one could complain. Now that there are no rules he can say whatever because there are no rules. Once he's done, no one's complained. He says all the rules are back... and no one complains. This thread won't work because it will get flooded by the trolls who will post their "OMG my mom force diapered me and it made me so horny" since no one is allowed to call BS.
    This.

By saying we have a thread where nobody can call BS, we're postulating that everyone is, indeed, actually being truthful. This is cyclical logic; anything you write is "true" because we say it is. Now I could have just come out and said this, but it struck me that it would be waaay more fun to make a long post to illustrate the problem by taking it to an extreme in humorous fashion. I'm actually rather proud of how it turned out.

The entire concept of this thread is silly. It's against the rules to lie, and telling people that they can "only tell the truth in this thread" is redundant. The liars are still going to lie; all the premise of this thread does is say that we'll just accept anything they say on the basis of cyclical logic.

The best thing to do is if you have an outrageous story that seems fake... wait until you are an established member. I'm sure if Mako came on and told a story about how his sister is a babyfur people would assume he's telling the truth because he'd have no reason to lie after being here so long. When your name is still blue, or recently became thin green, people are unlikely to believe your far fetched story. The same goes IRL. If you meet a person and the first thing they tell you is "I've played [sport] with [famous sport guy]" you probably wouldn't believe them, but if you've known them for a while and they tell you your relationship lends credibility to the story.