Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: AB/DL Foreign Relations

  1. #1

    Default AB/DL Foreign Relations

    I was curious to hear from anyone who might know how we are perceived in other fetish communities around the globe. The best I know is that we seem to be on good terms with the furries, but thats about it. I'm sure there are plenty of more vanilla communities out there who would want nothing to do with us (balloon people, sneezing people, etc) , but maybe there are others where we have good relations or where we could foster better relations? What about the poop/vomit people (similar area), or medical fetishists, etc ?

    More questions: are other fetish groups as close-knit and well-defined as we are? Where are they? How can we foster better relations? Fetish UN anyone???

    Also, I just want to let you all know how much you mean to me and how much I love and appreciate you. We are like family and even though there are the *weirdos* out there, on a whole I feel you all are very decent people made humbler and kinder by emotional &/| sexual adversity, and bound together as a community by alienation and the need for stick-togetherness(?)

    But really now I love you all just the way you are. Don't ever change.

    edit: last line edited out due to possible misunderstanding
    Last edited by rain; 29-Jun-2010 at 03:21.

  2. #2

    Default

    What makes you think we have a positive view in the furry fandom? From what I've heard babyfurs are hated by regular furs at about the same rate as *B/DLs are hated by the rest of society.

    Why would we bother fostering better relationships with these other groups? That's very random.

    ...you only have two posts and you don't seem to have made an intro thread. Usually people introduce themselves and meet other people with similar interests and that's how they become friends.

  3. #3

    Default

    Son, I've been in the community longer than you know. I may make this 'intro' thread when I feel like it, but I thought this was an interesting topic to bring up and I did not know a personal introduction was required to bring up an interesting point of discussion.


    Edit: sorry for any harshness in this post. My feelings were hurt at the time.
    Last edited by rain; 29-Jun-2010 at 03:20.

  4. #4

    Default

    I would like to welcome you to ADISC and I greatly encourage you to make an intro thread. The more you post without making one the more you will get this kind of response from other users.

    While I would be somewhat interested to know what other groups think about us I would be far more interested in understanding why people think the way they do. Society and social norms in general frown upon wearing diapers after a certain age which appears to be 2-3 in the USA. One might think that people being uncomfortable with our culture prefer to shun us. Another possibility is that we are grouped with pedophiles because of certain individuals that have been displayed to the public.

    Things like this which you can find with a google search and which may have come up on the news portray us in a very negative light.

  5. #5

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    Son, I've been in the community longer than you know. I may just make this 'intro' thread when I feel like it, but I thought this was an interesting topic to bring up and I did not know a personal introduction was required to bring up an interesting point of discussion.


    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    Also, I just want to let you all know how much you mean to me and how much I love and appreciate you. We are like family and even though there are the *weirdos* out there, on a whole I feel you all are very decent people made humbler and kinder by emotional &/| sexual adversity, and bound together as a community by alienation and the need for stick-togetherness(?)

    But really now I love you all just the way you are. Don't ever change. Lets be better friends!
    ^ See? This seems rather localized. You say "let's be better friends" which implies you are talking to the users of ADISC in particular (i.e. let's) and that we are already friends (i.e. 'better' instead of 'become'), and having only 2 posts and no introduction raises the question to people "Wait, we were friends?". That is why I brought up having an intro thread.

    You also ignored my question, WHY foster relations with other fetishists? That's a very loose link to connect with people. What would a foot fetishist have to do with a diaper fetishist? They may have things in common as people, but the fetish has nothing to do with it and the comparison lacks sense.

  6. #6

    Default

    I think we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I WILL make an intro thread when I can think of something to say but like many lurkers I am SHY.

    Now, the reason that fetishists may wish to foster better relations with one another is because of adversity faced by the population at large. Why not band together and offer support to one another if we can overcome our personal prejudice? As some of you may or may not know/experience, for some this fetish has a very deep emotional dimension to it and it would feel nice to be validated by other communities out there.

    I think the mistaken pedophilic and the correct potty/poop connotations of our fetish is what leads others to portray us in a negative light. That does not mean there are not other groups out there that feel wrongly portrayed and would be understanding of others facing the same obstacles to general acceptance.

  7. #7

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by rain View Post
    I think we've gotten off on the wrong foot. I WILL make an intro thread when I can think of something to say but like many lurkers I am SHY.

    Now, the reason that fetishists may wish to foster better relations with one another is because of adversity faced by the population at large. Why not band together and offer support to one another if we can overcome our personal prejudice? As some of you may or may not know/experience, for some this fetish has a very deep emotional dimension to it and it would feel nice to be validated by other communities out there.

    I think the mistaken pedophilic and the correct potty/poop connotations of our fetish is what leads others to portray us in a negative light. That does not mean there are not other groups out there that feel wrongly portrayed and would be understanding of others facing the same obstacles to general acceptance.
    If your sole reason is that other groups face adversity, why not try to get in touch with the gay community, or any other minority group? They are also mistaken for things they are not. Ask Mr. Eat-da-poo-poo.This just seems like a really flimsy reason to base things on.

  8. #8
    June

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    What makes you think we have a positive view in the furry fandom? From what I've heard babyfurs are hated by regular furs at about the same rate as *B/DLs are hated by the rest of society.
    I really wouldn't say that *b/dls and babyfurs are HATED by society, per sŤ. We are not as known as a lot of other groups. However, there are people who misjudge us as pedophiles or demented, due to a lack of understanding. I don't know if you meant direct despisation, I just think hate isn't the most accurate word.

  9. #9

    Default



    Quote Originally Posted by TeenageToddler View Post
    I really wouldn't say that *b/dls and babyfurs are HATED by society, per sŤ. We are not as known as a lot of other groups. However, there are people who misjudge us as pedophiles or demented, due to a lack of understanding. I don't know if you meant direct despisation, I just think hate isn't the most accurate word.
    You're probably right, but I think if *Bs were better known, like BDSM, it would be looked on as a disgusting and vile thing by society. Very few times has it been portrayed in a less than negative light. It's accepted more through ignorance than anything else for the time being.

  10. #10

    Default

    It seems a bit silly to only reach out to other fetishes. That will only add a small proportion of the gross population to our small proportion of the gross population and do very little for our public relations. Clearly there are people who dislike us because they consider being an *B/DL unsanitary however a great deal of people who are into this are far better informed and far healthier than a random sample of the gross population.

    If you were planning to reach out to other fetishes why not just skip the baby step and reach out to the world? You will logically get a similar response from another community and even if they are accepting of the idea that doesn't mean the members of both groups would even see eye to eye.

Similar Threads

  1. Race relations in US get set back 50 years
    By Chillhouse in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 24-Mar-2010, 12:01
  2. Who should give foreign assistance?
    By aielen in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-Sep-2009, 01:21
  3. Foreign Aid
    By Clarissa in forum Mature Topics
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 30-Aug-2009, 14:51
  4. Baby play and foreign languages
    By quattrus in forum Adult Babies & Littles
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 23-Jun-2009, 19:41

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
ADISC.org - the Adult Baby / Diaper Lover / Incontinence Support Community.
ADISC.org is designed to be viewed in Firefox, with a resolution of at least 1280 x 1024.