Thread: The Life Appreciation Thread

Default The Life Appreciation Thread

I have spent way too many years focussing exclusively on what was negative in my life. Granted, I have had a very rough time..... But now, I realize the life that I am living these days really is not all that bad.

I have my own apartment. I am able to keep my fridge well-stocked. I am looking forward to PT student life in the upcoming Winter quarter (too late to get financial aid for Fall - heh). I am now able to face my problems head-on instead of covering them up with a web of lies. It has been 20 days since my last drink, 10 more days until I get my very first AA coin. My social circle is expanding, and I am making plenty of new friends these days. Hell, even my relationship with my mother is improving. It took a lot of work to get to this point - but it has all been worth it.

So, this thread is for those who appreciate their life. Speak up about what makes life so wonderful. That is what this thread will be all about - how beautiful life can actually be. :-)

LilLillyKitten

I got my job back, and another job opportunity has presented itself... I'm rather optimistic, because I need to pull in some serious money right now.

I'm 25 years old, unemployed, living at home, and I go to school full time.

My life is great compared to other individuals who live on the streets and I can only imagine the shit they go through. Money is important to have but for me to be truly happy, all I need is caring people. I appreciate every single day that I can wake up to and live through. There were several times where my life could have came to a sudden end.

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    I got my job back, and another job opportunity has presented itself... I'm rather optimistic, because I need to pull in some serious money right now.
    Congratulations on that. Good luck on the job opportunity, I hope it works out for you!

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskanDL View Post
    I'm 25 years old, unemployed, living at home, and I go to school full time.

My life is great compared to other individuals who live on the streets and I can only imagine the shit they go through. Money is important to have but for me to be truly happy, all I need is caring people. I appreciate every single day that I can wake up to and live through. There were several times where my life could have came to a sudden end.
    I know exactly what you mean when you say there were several times life could have come to a sudden end. I now realize that while my childhood was pretty horrendous, my current life really is not all that bad. It is actually pretty great. Living free of self-pity is a great feeling, is it not? Thanks for your statements!

For some reason, even if classmates tried to make me think I was convicted to a miserable, nerdy life, even if I've been victim of physical violence from several douchebags for a few years, even if I still don't know what a REAL friend is, my intuition told me not to give up, and I just begin to get the payoff! High school years, full of douchebags, boring and/or embarrassing oral presentation, gym classes (which I don't even want to talk about) are now a thing of the past! I'll attend electricity classes in next September (I want to be an electrician since I'm 6!) with mature people. Sure I won't move into my own apartment anytime soon (school will be 2 miles from me at the most), but I still appreciate every pleasure in my life, instead of lingering on bad things!

I'm a young, good-looking charismatic man in his sexual prime with a wide circle of friends and no money.

Life is motherfucking perfect. That's something I will brag about because it's the only thing that's worth bragging about.

I've got a bunch of adventures behind me, but I'm not done living yet. Not even close. I'm living; not just existing. Driving; not being taken for a ride. I shake things up and don't let small stuff rattle me.

Specifically? I'm working a full time job outdoors. I'll be going back for my second year of college in september. I thought up some more bits for my comedy routine and I'm looking forward to trying them out once I get back to Toronto.

Oh yeah, and I'm going on a roadtrip to a waterpark next week.

EDIT: This post kinda makes me sound like a collar-popping douchebag...
    Last edited by Chillhouse; 29-Jun-2010 at 12:20.

Quote Originally Posted by RebornKaworu View Post
    I have spent way too many years focussing exclusively on what was negative in my life. Granted, I have had a very rough time..... But now, I realize the life that I am living these days really is not all that bad.

I have my own apartment. I am able to keep my fridge well-stocked. I am looking forward to PT student life in the upcoming Winter quarter (too late to get financial aid for Fall - heh). I am now able to face my problems head-on instead of covering them up with a web of lies. It has been 20 days since my last drink, 10 more days until I get my very first AA coin. My social circle is expanding, and I am making plenty of new friends these days. Hell, even my relationship with my mother is improving. It took a lot of work to get to this point - but it has all been worth it.

So, this thread is for those who appreciate their life. Speak up about what makes life so wonderful. That is what this thread will be all about - how beautiful life can actually be. :-)
    I think that someone out there cares about me. This is itself a wonderful thing.

The only bad bit of this is that I've landed in the dreaded last-on-page spot, and no one will read this (especially now with the "go to last post" bit broken on your subscribed threads).

Spearmint

Quote Originally Posted by h3g3l View Post
    I think that someone out there cares about me. This is itself a wonderful thing.

The only bad bit of this is that I've landed in the dreaded last-on-page spot, and no one will read this (especially now with the "go to last post" bit broken on your subscribed threads).
    I read it.

Right now, I'm making some decent money for the summer, taking violin lessons so i can improve on my favorite instrument, I have an electric violin AND an acoustic violin, plus an awesome amp for my electric. I got an amazing new graphics card for my computer, and the new game that ive been looking forward to is out, well now, since its past 12 where i live. I have plenty of friends and time to enjoy my summer. I am also making a trip to CVS to buy diapers on my own for the very first time, and I may order some bambinos off of the internet with a prepaid visa when i get more money, with my parents being gone during the day and whatnot.

Well I've got a job with people that I love to work with, I've got plenty of friends who are there for me, I go to school full-time and I'm working towards a career that I really, truly care about; so despite everything negative in my life, it's not half bad.

I took the night off work, to be with my newest family member. Her name is Addison she was born about 5 hours before this post. Now I'm a uncle, Nothing has ever moved some powerfully in my life, then holding her in my arms. I can only hope that one day I get to do that again, but only next time its my child.