Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I've developed an attachment to a teddy bear!

Smile I've developed an attachment to a teddy bear!

Heya all,

I got myself a cute teddy bear from build-a-bear around Christmas, as a gift to myself for being a good boy and well, I've kinda grown emotionally attached to him. I feel guilty stuffing him away in a drawer to hide him away from friends when they come over and I feel like i'm growing even more attached, putting my glasses on him which makes him look cuter. Argh! Does any one else share a similar attachment?

Lol, congratulations, always nice to hear of a happy ending :p
    yeah I have a few stuffed animals I am quite attached to. Some of them I have had since I was a baby ^^

Well I have every single stuffed animal from when I was a child plus some new ones as well, and I can honestly say that I am hopelessly emotionally attached to all of them.

That's over 40 stuffed friends!!!

Yeah, the same thing actually happened to me about five years ago when I got my teddy...now I feel as attached to him as I would have if I had had since I was a kid.

And actually, over time I've gotten more and more comfortable with letting people see him. At first I felt too embarrassed to let anyone see, but I tried leaving him out for a few female friends and they loved the fact that I had a teddy (and of course they thought it was cute!) For most people I act like I've had him since I was a kid, but a few friends know better, but they're fine with it.

I even left my teddy out when my mom came over, and she laughed a little and asked "What's that bear doing in your bed?" I said that it was a gift from a friend that I had gotten attached to....but I guess that's true if I consider myself to be my friend! :p

Either way, I know it can be irritating getting so attached....but at the same time, I think it's totally wonderful.

Definitely I still have almost every single stuffed animal from my childhood. When I put them in to storage for a couple of months, I had to poke holes in the plastic bag they were in so they wouldn't suffocate ... My stegosaurus goes everywhere, though. All over the world and back with me.

I think teddy bears are awsome. I have about 60 or so spread around in my bedroom & in my lounge room. I also have a few in my car. Dufus is my special teddy & sleeps with me every night. Has done for about 3 & a half years. I have become so attached to him. Some of my immediate family know & it doesn't bother me at all that they know. My friends on the other hand, that's a different situation.

In the drawer? You should feel guilty. My boys run around the bedroom, playing on the bed, sometimes hanging out on the shelf, sometimes sitting by the fireplace. The only time they get stuffed is when they stow away in my luggage on trips. As for glasses, when my wife got LASIKd they gave her these goggles to wear that night. One of the bears (her favorite) also wore goggles that night to make her feel better (he got them from one of the pilot bears).

EmeraldsAndLime

Quote Originally Posted by JonBB View Post
    Does any one else share a similar attachment?
    Ugh... absolutely. I feel so guilty storing them in my wardrobe. I sometime imagine they are having conversations about what an asshole I am. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Lukie View Post
    Ugh... absolutely. I feel so guilty storing them in my wardrobe. I sometime imagine they are having conversations about what an asshole I am. >_<
    Think about the Toy Story movies. They know you still love them!

I actually... eh... talk to mine sometimes. That, and I'll typically cover his ears if I say something that I feel that he shouldn't hear. Wow, typing that all out like that makes me feel more awkward for some reason.