Thread: Raw Potatoes

Default Raw Potatoes

Raw Potatoes, anyone else like them that way? I'm snacking on one now. I never met anyone else that liked them.

Oh, my! This topic brings-back memories!
    We were very poor growing-up. And getting to munch on a whole potatoe (with salt!), was actually quite a treat!
    As sad/silly as that may sound, believe me, growing-up so poor has taught me to truly appreciate some of the simplest things in this Life! I used to just shake my head at all the bitching and moaning my fellow soldiers did at chow. None of the complainers had any idea what it was really like to suffer a bad menu!

::Rummages-about the pantry for a spud and salt shaker!::

Thanks for bringing this up!

B.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucephalus View Post
    Oh, my! This topic brings-back memories!
    We were very poor growing-up. And getting to munch on a whole potatoe (with salt!), was actually quite a treat!
    As sad/silly as that may sound, believe me, growing-up so poor has taught me to truly appreciate some of the simplest things in this Life! I used to just shake my head at all the bitching and moaning my fellow soldiers did at chow. None of the complainers had any idea what it was really like to suffer a bad menu!

::Rummages-about the pantry for a spud and salt shaker!::

Thanks for bringing this up!

B.
    My grandmas told me stories like this about when she was growing up. She also told me she had to eat Yorkshire Pudding when they couldn't afford potatoes which seems more like a step forward because Yorkshire Pudding is a thousand times more delicious than potatoes.

Apparently if you hold your nose and eat and apple and a raw potato it is impossible to distinguish between the two for both taste and texture.

I haven't eaten a raw potato, seems weird and kind of disgusting.

Spearmint

it reminds me of the office, where everyone bets to see if creed will notice if they replace his apple with a potato.

I had a raw potato one time.

You see I was making my family lunch, and I was cutting potatoes for french fries. I had fried most of them, forgetting one small amount. (Probably six or seven fries) And I bit into it... >O< I didn't like the taste that much.

Then another time at my girlfriend's house I had one, but this time I liked it.

Maybe it's because I was expecting a different taste the first time? I don't know. O: