Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting Cloth Diapers and Plastic Pants!

Exclamation Getting Cloth Diapers and Plastic Pants!

I bought some cloth baby diapers from K-Mart and I can fit in them at 133 pounds. I was just posting this because I have seen alot of the younger members ask about cloth diapers in the past and think that this would be a great way to get them. They fit me although they are tight. For anyone right around 100 pounds they would fit excellantly. They also sell Gerber plastic pants which fit me. Just make sure to get the biggest size. I believe they are 3XL (Designed for bigger toddlers). Well I hope this helps some of you out that always wanted to try cloth diapers but couldn't order them.

Darkfinn

wow... interesting...

I've got some cloth diapers... though I rarely use them.

Let us know how you like them.

I'm not planning on using them, but that could change lol. I don't have anywhere to wash them.

Darkfinn

Oh... ok...

Though I'm still lost on the folks that get diapers and don't use them.

Don't you do your own laundry?

I do my own laundry but at the Laundry matt...where all can see what you are washing. I have disposables if I feel like wetting or messing.

For the bigger guys, you can use bath towels as a subistitute for a cloth diaper.

I use them once and a while, the clean-up is hard, unless you want to take them off and wash them right away, to get rid of the pee smell use white vinagar in the water, it nutralizes the smell.

I'v found out snap plastic pants is the way to go with cloth, much easyer to clean and dry much faster, also bigger plastic pants seem to work better you need room, for the big towels.

Peachy

Quote Originally Posted by Johnathon View Post
    I do my own laundry but at the Laundry matt...where all can see what you are washing. I have disposables if I feel like wetting or messing.
    I don't think you really want to be messing in your cloth diapers. It's one thing to do it in a disposable and then to just throw it out, but if you do it in a cloth diaper, you have to handle that diaper again, shake the feces into the toilet, rinse it first, then put it into the washer by itself. You really don't want any other of your clothes in the washer at the same time, and to be honest: I'm not too sure I'd want poopy cloth diapers in my washer at regular intervals at all, as I'll have to use the washer for my regular clothes too. I'd find washing poopy cloth diapers and normal clothes in the same washer find disgusting and would have to buy another washer for that!

Peachy

Darkfinn

I haven't tried any snap-on plastic panties yet... though I need to. I've got the pull-on kind that are somewhat of a pain to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfinn View Post
    I haven't tried any snap-on plastic panties yet... though I need to. I've got the pull-on kind that are somewhat of a pain to deal with.

The snap ons, aren't good for sleeping but for daily use there great, I have both pull-on and snap, the snap's can be cleaned and laid flat and wiped down, or just rolled up in a towel, and there almost completly dry, except for the elastic which dries in a few mins.

But they were expensive I paid 45 bucks for 2 pair w/shipping but they were worth it, they were a heavy plastic, I wore one pair out, but I still have one left, I was a pair of large and it was great over that towel diaper I used because I didn't want to cut down the towel, it must have weighed 10 pounds when full...try a pair out, the ones I got were by a company called Gary, I got them at plasticpants.com, but it was a while back.

Johnathon, I for years did just what you did. I could buy the flat baby diaper and actually get that around me, and then I would line it with the Gerber pre-fold diapers. I would use the Gerber Toddler plastic pants. But K-Mart stopped selling them about two years ago in my town, so that's when I bit the bullet and orderd adult size on Amazon. I ordered right after Christmas, and Amazon didn't itemize, so the expenses all got sort of mixed together with Christmas. At that time my wife didn't know, but now she does, and she is even becoming interested in what goes on this site, as I will share some things with her. Life evolves and gets better every day in that department.