Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your first time getting diapers

Default Your first time getting diapers

In the recent slieu of threads about the first time for individual members with almost no room for discussion, I figured it might be better to have just one. (Maybe it might get stickied?)

I still have my first pack, it's buried inside an extra computer tower. I was riding by Shopper's Drug Mart and decided to stop in to check prices on Nair and Veet. I decided I'd go without, but I might as well check the prices on diapers. The layout was HORRIBLE, and I couldn't find adult diapers. The Goodnites only went to 65 lbs, they didn't have the large size. I ended up getting some generic LIFE brand size 6's. Seriously, it was just like, "Whelp, I might as well get some", and I did. I ended up putting one on and heading over to a buddy's house that night. I threw it out in the public bin in a park a few houses down from my house. I didn't "waste" it . So yeah... I found a different Shopper's that is bigger and has a whole incontinence section, so I might check that out when I get more money.

When was the first time you got diapers? If it is your first time getting diapers, how did it go?

EDIT: I did this like a month ago. I didn't tell anyone because it's not a big deal, imo. I also didn't "deny" having gotten/worn/used them in the last month... I've just said "maybe"

Kratos

I decided to copy and paste my post from my thread, so here we go.

Yeah, today I got my first diapers. My parents told me that they would be gone for a few hours to drop something off in a town about an hour and a half away. (It's to expensive to mail, and that is faster.)
    So yeah, I double checked the diapers I was going to buy at Walgreens via their website. If your curious they are, Walgreens Certainty Fitted Briefs Medium Maximum Absorbency.
    I grab two reusable bags, because they can't be seen through, and I rode my bike down there.
    I got there, and grabbed an over the hill card, a soda, and the diapers. I put the diapers in the reusable bags, and went to the checkout.
    Me and her was having a conversation, and then I told her that the diapers were for my dad turning 40 soon. She laughed, and I said that my family loves playing jokes on each other, and she said that she was sure that would be a very funny joke.
    Then I went home, and hid them under my bed, but my bed's under is very hard to get unless you a determined. By that you have to remove some would and remove a drawer to get to them, so you have to be determined considering it takes about a minute or two to do.

Yeah, also buy them on Sundays, the stores are never crowed.

Zephiel, you need better stuff. Shoppers doesn't have the fun stuff (e.g. abena, attends, molicare, etc...).

Although, admittedly I also got mine for the first time at Shoppers. It was weird, I didn't like them, and threw them out eventually. Then I got some Attends from this specialty medical supply store, they were pretty good, but I felt like a criminal for some reason. Since then I've tried a lot of brands, and I like Abena the best, so I order from the b4ns guy. Bambino is good too, but too much money, especially when I can just buy patterned tape on eBay for a couple dollars.

Ah... the days of my youth (actually, it was more like 20 months ago)... like the scent of fresh lemon... Well, you see, there is a Shoppers Drug Mart that is quite close to my old High School. One day when I was in 12th grade I stayed after school. The club I was there for wasn't starting for a half an hour, so I decided to go buy diapers! Well, I chickened out and ended up just buying a bottle of water instead (LAME, I know). So I went back the next day after school, determined to actually get it done that time. I went straight for the diaper section, grabbed a bag of L/XL Goodnites and went to check out. The minute between garbing the Goodnites and putting them in my backpack was one of the most stressful in my entire life, but it was all worth it when I arrived home about 40 minutes later!

My very first pack was a pack of girls huggies pullups size 4-5t, the fade when wet ones. I got them home, tried one on, and it fit, so I was in hog heaven. I bought them at Target, with a coupon, cause I'm a cheapie.

On a side note, when I went to visit a friend in Canada I rode the bus to shoppers and was all excited to find some diapers from Canada, but was disappointed. They were out of stock on almost everything in the aisle, except some store brand pullups. I happened to come back with my friend, the next day to buy pop, and of course they had everything re-stocked, but with my friend there it wasn't going to happen.
    Last edited by Powderhair; 20-Jun-2010 at 21:01. Reason: Trying to facebook chat, and write post at the same time didn't work too well, I grammer failed.

Kratos

I have to say that this is my first day wearing diapers, and they are much more comfortable than regular underwear. I haven't "used" them, but I have worn them since I got them this morning, and they are really comfortable. XD

The first time I got diapers was back in March and I'm not even halfway through that pack yet (I don't wear very often). I drove over to the Shoppers Home Health Care not far from my house and bought a pack of Depends Fitted Max Protection. I was lucky when I went there since the store was small and I was the only customer in there at the time. Buying them was easy but I forgot to bring my backpack into the store with me so I had to walk back to my car with them clearly visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephiel View Post
    In the recent slieu of threads about the first time for individual members with almost no room for discussion, I figured it might be better to have just one. (Maybe it might get stickied?)

I still have my first pack, it's buried inside an extra computer tower. I was riding by Shopper's Drug Mart and decided to stop in to check prices on Nair and Veet. I decided I'd go without, but I might as well check the prices on diapers. The layout was HORRIBLE, and I couldn't find adult diapers. The Goodnites only went to 65 lbs, they didn't have the large size. I ended up getting some generic LIFE brand size 6's. Seriously, it was just like, "Whelp, I might as well get some", and I did. I ended up putting one on and heading over to a buddy's house that night. I threw it out in the public bin in a park a few houses down from my house. I didn't "waste" it . So yeah... I found a different Shopper's that is bigger and has a whole incontinence section, so I might check that out when I get more money.

When was the first time you got diapers? If it is your first time getting diapers, how did it go?

EDIT: I did this like a month ago. I didn't tell anyone because it's not a big deal, imo. I also didn't "deny" having gotten/worn/used them in the last month... I've just said "maybe"
    Admit it, the only reason you haven't told this story before is because it means I win.

Anyways while I still haven't bought a full pack of diapers yet, I have had a few adventures buying singles from the diaper dispenser in my local Wal-Mart. Well obviously they didn't quite fit, but it is the closest I've come since being three, and these are some decent stories:

The first time I did it I was at the mall with my mom and told her I had to go to the bathroom, I did this and went in and bought one. After just playing around with it inside my underwear for a bit I left and threw it out. What I didn't realize is that I also left my wallet in there too! thank god I had gotten rid of that diaper well before leaving, because as I was going back to get my wallet I was stopped by someone I knew who had found it.

The second time I had just finished opening the pack when... the door opened. I was stuck in the stall for a good five-ten minutes before I finally had a moment where no one was coming in or out of the bathroom, and the only garbage was outside the stall. Once I was finally free I ditched it and bolted from there.

The last time I did it I was actually at the mall with a friend... I told him I needed to go to the bathroom and he waited outside (Thank Christ he never came in). When I came out he wondered what took so long so I told him I had to crap so that he wouldn't ask questions.

So yeah, I realize that those weren't exactly the smartest or safest moves but a guy gets desperate, and all though it was pretty shameless of me at least I didn't try to steal them right?

I remember as a kid my first legal purchase of diaper was at Vitory supermarket and I bought some depends the old green one( i miss these) I got a ride from a neighbor she had to go shopping anyways and i told her they were for a practical joke in boy scouts . I remember my second time I was with my dad girl friend and we were at the store and i was like 13 she said I could get what ever I wanted while walking she offered to buy me beer and said she won't tell my dad I said no and said there is something but you can't tell my dad and end up buying me a pack of attends it was great till the next week she was arrested for prostition and possesion with intent to sell now shes in jail wtf the one person i told is now locked up

Well, As my first time buying diapers was only a couple days ago, I got to say it went over pretty well. I have to agree with you guys about Shoppers, I went there to buy the diapers I wanted and they were A) More Expensive and B) very limited selection on diapers. Wal-Mart has pretty fair prices, and a reasonable selection, at least with the one I went to! I'm very happy I had the guts to buy the diapers, I'm even wearing one now!