Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The joys of incontinence/overactive bladder at work

Default The joys of incontinence/overactive bladder at work

I have developed an over-active bladder over the past few months. During the fall, i was noticing bigger stress incontinence leaks. In October, I became sick with a bad cold, which had me sneezing and peeing like crazy. While I was still sick but recovering, I developed a UTI that must have lasted for about a week. It cleared up, and I was ok for a while. A few months after that I started having leaks in my underwear, later on, I wet the bed a couple of times, and now I have an over active bladder from hell. The stupid thing just won't shut up and leave me alone, even if i drink no fluids.

Anyway, that's the back story. My story now is that I am a cashier with a crappy bladder. I cannot leave while I have a line. Forget about telling people in a line to please go to the next, since that looks really bad and rude to the customer and the other cashiers. I used to go without diapers, but that became so unmanageable, and I was getting dirty looks when I asked to use the bathroom even when I had no lines.

Now I wear pullups to work, but I still have to ask to use the restroom sometimes because the urge gets so bad and I have to pee a lot of liquid, so I am afraid of leakage.

I don't think the people I work around are very understanding so I would not dare bring the subject up, even to someone who is higher up in the chain. I would not dare wear a thick diaper either because I am afraid that some idiot will touch my ass, or that I bump into someone and they feel lovely crinkly cotton.

Being a cashier with an over active bladder sucks ass. Standing up makes me have to pee more, and the stress from having so many customers also makes me need to pee more.

I can't really change jobs right now. The ideal job for me would be somewhere I could take a needed bathroom break. I work hard and don't like to be lazy on the job at all, I just need to answer the call of nature more often than most. Also sometimes I have unpredictable bowels, and pooping myself in the middle of taking care of a huge line is not something I wish to have happen.

Any other cashiers here? Anyone else want to share the joys of incontinence at work?

*Note: I meant to write "over active" in the post title. Oh, well!

I also have an over active bladder and there are times when I am not wearing a diaper I have bearly mane it to the rest room to relive my bladder, I have many a time wet my underwear while unzipping in frount of the urnial.
    I have learned how much it is safe to drink befor needing to head to the restroom.
    You mentioned haveing unpredictable bowels, I know some what of what you are refering to, although my bowels are quite predictable as to when its going to happen ( 1 to 2 hours after eating anything) I find that if I am not able to get to a rest room within 3 minutes of the slitest feeling of needing to go I am unable to keep myself from messing my underwear or diaper depending on what I am wearing at the time.
    I prefer to wear diapers 24/7 however I find that there are times when wearing a diaper just is not a good thing, like when out rideing my motorbike.

That sounds like how I used to be at a job I had a few years back. I used to wear pull-ups at work. I was usually about 15 feet from the bathroom and I was fairly free to use it most of the time. As I had to go urgently and often, I almost never made it to lunch without needing a change.. And that's what I did on my lunch break: drive home as quickly as I could, change, scarf down some food, get back to work post-haste.The whole situation got to be a huge pain in the ass and I was late several times.

Better or worse, I find that my current situation is best suited to rely on the diaper to hold it for me until I go home for the day. It does make an improvement on productivity too I hate to say. Besides, I can't go to the bathroom at my current job without getting someone to cover my place. I've only managed to use the bathroom a few times successfully.

I don't want to sound discouraging, but if it continues to get worse, diapers do provide a huge confidence boost. Just tossing that one out there.

I worked fast food through college and often relied on a diaper to make it through my shift--and I could often get out to the restroom as I was the manager! Still, now that I have a real 40+ hour a week job where bathroom use isn't an issue, I find that diapers are a necessity for me to keep from having accidents. My bowels are almost completely controllable, though I've had a couple times where I've wound up with needing a diaper change there. My bladder has roughly zero control; once the urge hits it has already started to cut loose. Even so, you end up wishing you could live your life in something other than diapers!

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    I have developed an over-active bladder over the past few months. During the fall, i was noticing bigger stress incontinence leaks. In October, I became sick with a bad cold, which had me sneezing and peeing like crazy. While I was still sick but recovering, I developed a UTI that must have lasted for about a week. It cleared up, and I was ok for a while. A few months after that I started having leaks in my underwear, later on, I wet the bed a couple of times, and now I have an over active bladder from hell. The stupid thing just won't shut up and leave me alone, even if i drink no fluids.

Anyway, that's the back story. My story now is that I am a cashier with a crappy bladder. I cannot leave while I have a line. Forget about telling people in a line to please go to the next, since that looks really bad and rude to the customer and the other cashiers. I used to go without diapers, but that became so unmanageable, and I was getting dirty looks when I asked to use the bathroom even when I had no lines.

Now I wear pullups to work, but I still have to ask to use the restroom sometimes because the urge gets so bad and I have to pee a lot of liquid, so I am afraid of leakage.

I don't think the people I work around are very understanding so I would not dare bring the subject up, even to someone who is higher up in the chain. I would not dare wear a thick diaper either because I am afraid that some idiot will touch my ass, or that I bump into someone and they feel lovely crinkly cotton.

Being a cashier with an over active bladder sucks ass. Standing up makes me have to pee more, and the stress from having so many customers also makes me need to pee more.

I can't really change jobs right now. The ideal job for me would be somewhere I could take a needed bathroom break. I work hard and don't like to be lazy on the job at all, I just need to answer the call of nature more often than most. Also sometimes I have unpredictable bowels, and pooping myself in the middle of taking care of a huge line is not something I wish to have happen.

Any other cashiers here? Anyone else want to share the joys of incontinence at work?

*Note: I meant to write "over active" in the post title. Oh, well!
    You can start wearing diapers to work like wear the thickest kind like bambinos or Molicare or Abri.

LilLillyKitten

Quote Originally Posted by Calico View Post
    You can start wearing diapers to work like wear the thickest kind like bambinos or Molicare or Abri.
    I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned that that wasn't really an option... or at least that there was a fear there.

For my work I had to drive around and visit people. My incontinence problems drove me nuts. At the time I had not incontinence diapers, sometimes used baby diapers. All the doctor said was: do not keep up. Which I could not. It's one of the reasons I quit the job.

Quote Originally Posted by TygerLily View Post
    I'm pretty sure that it was mentioned that that wasn't really an option... or at least that there was a fear there.
    Yeah I do not have the most mature co-workers and I've seen things. It might have to become and option soon though, since I do not always get a break to change my pullup.

I hate it. I can't drink enough when I'm thirsty, and I find that the more active I am, the worse the problems is. Which is too bad since I want to do more outdoors activity. I guess a trip to the urologist might just be necessary. I could easily handle some incontinence, since I leak a little sometimes too. The worst part for me is the feeling that I have to pee, around twice an hour.

LilLillyKitten

You haven't been in to see a Urologist? o.o

GO!

I used to be a cashier for a known video store chain. There was some good and bad with that job. While it was nice that my shifts were relatively on the short side, the problem was that the job demanded a lot of energy and undivided attention. I also have Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) so that made things a little more difficult. Fortunately, when I worked there, I had to wear black shirt and pants so I could get away with wearing something thick -- and I did. To manage my bladder, I wet in occasional drips and didn't flood in one wetting. My IBS sometimes trigger fecal incontinence episodes and there were some days when I just had to abandon the line just to use the bathroom. Fortunately, I usually had someone else working with me during my shift so I could get away with that.