Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Summer's Right Around The Corner.....

Smile Summer's Right Around The Corner.....

.......to us Northern Hemisphere dwellers, that is. Sooo.....I was curious as to what kinds of activities you enjoy when Summer comes to your part of the world.

My family and I don't care much for hot weather, so we don't do much outdoor stuff during Summer months. We usually take a vacation in the late Spring or early Fall and go to the ocean for a week. The temps are usually just right and the Summer crowds are gone. The roads aren't so loaded up with traffic, either. The trip is more leasurely and enjoyable to us at those times. What *fun-in-the-sun* activities do you enjoy? What ways do you cool off in the Summer heat?

~Pramrider

I plan to get my job, get cash, buy a rollbar for my convertible, but college textbooks, and if possible, get diapeys from walgreens.

Well, I am going to be diapered so much more this summer. I started wearing in August of '07, so I haven't had a long period of time where I can sleep in diapers and spend most of the day in them. Personally, I dislike extra hot weather...I prefer like winter because I can bundle up, but if I get too hot I can take off a layer. During summer months, its generally frowned upon to walk around school naked...this applies to most public places.

~gwizzy~

I ride my bike with my hydro-pack full of Ice and water. Its really great riding on a 100 degree day with 2 litters of ice water and no wind at all. Call me crazy but I LOVE it. I also go swimming at my gym. I got a very busy summer and I still don't know what I am going to do.

My older brother is getting married in July and my mom wants me to come back to Coos Bay Oregon with her. The problem is I am not even sure I want to after she just quit her job. I also hate being away from my plushies. I know I can't take them to her house considering I have to share a room with my little half brother who is like 11. I don't want him seeing his 20 year old brother Me with a plushie and a Nuk 5.

I hate nearly impossible choices.

Footed P.J.

Honestly, summer tends to be vacant for me. I hate hot weather with a paqssion. Give me 45*F and cloudy/misty anyday. Big thing is that I am getting a lot of tests that will culminate in a major spinal cord surgery at some point. I do hope I can get in for surgery soon, since in the fall, I want to go back to the CONCACAF Champion's Cup/League soccer tourney, since DC United is in it again.

I hate summer! All that heat and humidity 'n sunshine! YUCK!!

I much prefer winter! In winter you can bundle up, cuddle with a friend under a warm blankey, and so on. But...in summer you can only take off so many layers...and then you're sitting naked in front of the a/c sweating your @$$ off!

I'll be working (thankfully in an air conditioned building)...at least I hope I'll still be there! LOL And travelling on the ferry (as long as I have someone with me) which even on a hot day has a nice 'sea breeze' effect on the upper deck!

Give me hot and sticky weather, I come alive in the summer. I hate the toughts of winter comming, it depresses me.

I wish it would get hot and stay that way, I hate this time of the year because it dosen't know if it wants to be hot or cold, 75 and sunny one day and 40 the next.

I like the idea of wearing as little as possible just shorts and a tee shirt and a diaper of course for me.

I was walking home from work the other day at about 11pm, and it felt like I was on holiday (in a hot place). Where the night air is all different, and you can walk around not wearing a jacket and not be freezing.

But summer evenings are the only thing I like about summer. I hate being too warm...
    And bees and wasps come out in summer too!

I guess I do like the sun too.

Errrmm, Summer activities... Just going on walks and stuff, and sometimes have a barbecue.

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie F View Post
    I was walking home from work the other day at about 11pm, and it felt like I was on holiday (in a hot place). Where the night air is all different, and you can walk around not wearing a jacket and not be freezing.

But summer evenings are the only thing I like about summer. I hate being too warm...
    And bees and wasps come out in summer too!

I guess I do like the sun too.

Errrmm, Summer activities... Just going on walks and stuff, and sometimes have a barbecue.
    I love summer nights! You can go around doing all kinds of nifty stuff!

And all of the bees have mysteriously disappeared from Arizona. Andromeda strain anyone?

I used to do a summer league swimming team but I didn't like it so for the first time in like 10 years I'm not going to. I may get a job, but it's likely I'll just slack off and do my summer school work.

Footed P.J.

And they've gone to my home state of California. :cries: