Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toy Story 3

Default Toy Story 3

OMG!!!! Ending almost made me cry. Too good!

First 2 were like my favorite childhood movies so just had to see third in theaters.

Discuss

Asher

Quote Originally Posted by IWANTHOTDOG View Post
    OMG!!!! Ending almost made me cry. Too good!
    I went with two of my best friends last night, and we all agreed that we wanted to cry at the end; it was stunning and amazing to say the least. Pixar rocks; the eleven years that we had to wait to see this movie were worth it.

I couldn't help it. I cried. I would have burst into tears if my family wasn't around lol. Toy Story was a staple in my childhood and always will be. What a wonderful way to end a story. I still feel like crying and I don't usually cry! Must be the nostalgia. I loved it. Such a solid story!

I'd just like to ask, ahead of time, if anyone is going to reveal anything about the plot PLEASE use spoiler tags.

Mako

Glad I'm not alone in this. I'm glad I saw it in 3D, not because the 3D was needed but because the glasses hid me tearing up to everyone around me. That ending really hit me hard, and I think it will for a lot of us still close to our inner child and remember what it was like to play with our toys like they did. I don't want to over-hype it but I think Pixar has for the first time in history made a third movie better then the one's the preceded it. I'm not usually a crier at all, but wow...

A friend called me Wednesday night, and asked if I would like to see it. He was able to get both of us into an advance employee screening (in 3D) at the theater he used to work at. It was so awesome of him to do that! It is an amazing movie, and I have to say it is my favorite Pixar film! But the next day, I kinda pissed some people off on Twitter because I posted some quotes completely out of context, and they could tell what I was taking them from. Thursday night, I got ready to go see it with another group of friends, but I forgot my wallet, and had to go back home to get it. It was 12:30 by time I got back to the theater, and I had missed the short and the beginning of the movie. I guess I deserved it considering what I did on Twitter that night. Both times I cried at the end of the film, and I think I cried more the second time.

I haven't seen it, but I read the plot on wikipedia (I couldn't stop myself okay!!) and I can't help feel like Toy Story 3 has 2 very different plots that have little to do with each other. That said.. the movie still looks awesome and I'll see it on Thursday.

Sadly Totoro doesn't speak, but then he never did even in his own movie so no big surprise there.

annierighthurr

I loved it. It was funny and clever, with really good animation in my opinion. It also made me quite sad and nostalgic, just being a kid who grew up with Toy Story and also being a kid who is, well... not quite a kid anymore, ya know? :[ but us ABs will never give up our toys!

That all being said... did anybody else notice the huge plot resemblance to the Brave Little Toaster??!!

Only these animated movies seem to make me wanna cry. Its crazy, I duno how they do it. I remember Lilo and Stitch really got me, so sad it was.

Mako

Quote Originally Posted by annierighthurr View Post
    I loved it. It was funny and clever, with really good animation in my opinion. It also made me quite sad and nostalgic, just being a kid who grew up with Toy Story and also being a kid who is, well... not quite a kid anymore, ya know? :[ but us ABs will never give up our toys!

That all being said... did anybody else notice the huge plot resemblance to the Brave Little Toaster??!!
    Not so much, it was the aspect of the plot that tied it back to the first two, being separated and trying to get back to Andy. Toy Story is unique in that they've taken a central plot point of being reunited with their owner and expressing very different morals and very different stories through the common idea without feeling rehashed at all.